News   Apr 26, 2024
 267     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 279     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 466     0 

Movies that feature Toronto

Just saw Chloe, and I enjoyed it. I guess my expectations were low considering the mixed reviews. Beautifully shot too with great Toronto street scenes.

An extended ad that takes some impressive liberties with the downtown Toronto landscape.

Open in Youtube to see in HD.

[video=youtube;qvl7kG82EfI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvl7kG82EfI[/video]

Thats a SWEET video ^^^. man, our city can look good. with the right camera work, it looks like a new york or chicago in terms of streetwalls (though its not really the case in real life). It's nice to spot projects in the video (Trump, Ritz, Festival tower, etc.) :D

bookmarked!

Thats a SWEET video ^^^. man, our city can look good. with the right camera work, it looks like a new york or chicago in terms of streetwalls (though its not really the case in real life). It's nice to spot projects in the video (Trump, Ritz, Festival tower, etc.) :D

bookmarked!

I think we just have to get used to the idea that our city is impressive. Toronto may just be a proper noun that evokes greatness itself, not merely vestiges of great cities.

I think we just have to get used to the idea that our city is impressive. Toronto may just be a proper noun that evokes greatness itself, not merely vestiges of great cities.

the problem i have is the inconsistency of the look and feel of the city. In terms of dense street canyons, there are few. I still am looking for that Chicago or New York streetwall (mass produced wise in the city). These types of canyons can only be found in the CBD and along some sections of bay street :(.

But like i said, you can easily cover it up with good camera work (not show the sky and how high the buildings are!) hehe :D

Does anyone know what production had Toronto doubling for London? I was looking over my photos of Bay Lower and came across a Notting Hill Gate roundel stored away. Anyone recall anything with a tube station that was really Bay?

Did anyone see Tron legacy??? In the scene where the dude is on top of a building in a city, i swear i saw a scotia plaza placed somewhere in that city! (or the 3d glasses were playin tricks on me).
-or it could be a building that looks like it.... cgi can do anything these days...

Two new TV series that are set in Toronto:

King being shown on Showcase and Good Dog being shown on HBO Canada. Both shows look interesting. I've seen half an episode of King so far and it's got my attention. I've seen two episodes of Good Doog and it's pretty entertaining though there some dry segments.

Top Chef Canada is filmed in Toronto too. Mark McEwan is the resident judge. Susur Lee was on as a guest judge. The host is definitely no Padma but the show seems to follow the American one pretty closely.

Since about last fall I've seen a real uptake in filming around downtown after a real slowdown in the past several years. In the past couple of months there's rarely a day or evening when I'm walking around that I don't see shooting going on somewhere so we'll be seeing a lot more of Toronto on the big & small screen in the months to come.

Since about last fall I've seen a real uptake in filming around downtown after a real slowdown in the past several years. In the past couple of months there's rarely a day or evening when I'm walking around that I don't see shooting going on somewhere so we'll be seeing a lot more of Toronto on the big & small screen in the months to come.

Example, today in Queen's Park

I think queen's park pass as a fill in for central park (if you get the camera angles right!), especially with some of the buildings in the background (they'd just make it in terms of height)

There's a new TV show on called Suits. It airs on the USA Network. It is filmed in Toronto. I've watched the first two episodes so far. I like it!
And yes, I know this isn't a movie as the title of the thread suggests, but I wasn't sure where else to put it.

Back