News   Apr 19, 2024
 374     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 694     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 742     1 

Movies that feature Toronto

'Nikita' ( the series) was shooting at BAC a few days ago.

nikita.jpg

What in the world are you talking about?

Guy, there are so many ways to get your point across without being rude about it.

So, to answer some of your question which I missed out in my earlier post; No, you do not have to pay a dime to anyone in order to be considered for a part. We are trying to make a movie here so I don't know what you are insinuating here. I never mentioned anything about money in my post, so for you to even suggest a thing like thing baffles me. Maybe you are not aware of it but there are a lot of people living in North America that visit this site. So this post is targeted to them as well. We opened a new email in order to avoid spam to our regular emails.

The casting is for a Canadian based company, Alpha Galore Inc. The production is in pre-production and we are looking to go to camera by march 2010. Casting is in Toronto, Canada and the date is not yet determined but all interested parties will be notified appropriately. Also, we list our casting needs with different agencies and we choose to list our casting call wherever we feel like. I hope that's not a crime here.

For now, I hope I've answered some of your questions. If you have further questions, please do so in a civilized manner.Goldenson

Anyways...

There was a Ford (car company) commercial that was in Toronto. Funny though, they took out FCP AND the CN Tower.

NYC Police car noted...

'Nikita' ( the series) was shooting at BAC a few days ago.

nikita.jpg

Android: Interesting NYC Police car pic here-I noticed especially the red/blue lightbar which the NYPD does not use...
I feel that this should be a universal standard for all law enforcement vehicles in the USA and Canada -
especially for those states/provinces who use only one of these colors...NY State is basically red and there are some places that use only blue...Chicago Police are among departments that use only blue light bars and states like Massachusetts have this rule:
Blue=Police;Red=Fire.

Some NY police departments are now using blue on rear facing light bars only...like the Nassau and Suffolk County Police here on LI...

Long Island Mike

I noticed that as well. NYS allows only rear-facing blue lights on police cars (the State Police has them as well), and most New England states and several Deep South states (as well as Chicago) are blue-only. I drive people nuts sometimes seeing these detail-level errors in movies or TV shows (traffic light designs are another give-away for me as to the location of filming).

The 2010 film Devil appears to star Toronto's Bay Adelaide Centre. Saw the trailer at the cinema last night where you can see Bay Adelaide Centre and Scotia plaza. Establishing shots seem to be from a US city.

^^ Really? I didn't notice that. It's apparently set in a New York office building. Another unfortunate case of Toronto playing US city, but it looks like it has an interesting premise.

The 2010 film Devil appears to star Toronto's Bay Adelaide Centre. Saw the trailer at the cinema last night where you can see Bay Adelaide Centre and Scotia plaza. Establishing shots seem to be from a US city.

I saw a version of that commercial with the Ontario 12-8-8 traffic light and put 2 and 2 together and figured out it was Toronto, and yes, if it is by M. Night, it has to be either Philly or suburban/rural Bucks County, PA.

I watched Resident Evil 4 last night and once again, Toronto is featured in the movie. While most of the movie is set in a prison in L.A, the building is actually Robarts at UofT. Other scenes were shot at the Scarborough uoft campus and Sandbanks Provincial Park.

I can't remember the name...but the movie where Russel Crowe was the depression era boxer was filmed here.

The factory scenes were the Distillery District and they gussied up the mid-block Richmond Street entrance to the Bay to replicate Madison Square Gardens

I can't remember the name...but the movie where Russel Crowe was the depression era boxer was filmed here.

The factory scenes were the Distillery District and they gussied up the mid-block Richmond Street entrance to the Bay to replicate Madison Square Gardens
Cinderella Man. It also had two beautiful Peter Witt cars from the museum done up in New Jersey colours.

Back