News   May 08, 2024
 463     0 
News   May 08, 2024
 688     0 

More Lost Toronto in colour

28898-dress-goods-1020-1.jpg

Wow... :eek:

yessss.... something very much wrong with this display....... :eek:

The Eaton's catalogue is an attack-of-the-clones extravaganza. Clear proof that people didn't reproduce in the old days, they budded.

Eaton's and Simpson's gone, now Dack"s Shoes.

(1834 - 2009)

Regards,
J T

Recognizing people in photos -"uncanny!"

That guy looks so much like my Dad, it's uncanny. But who are the two nubile dames with him?:eek:

I had a most unusual experience when examining this 1930s photo of Toronto's Sunnyside Amusement Park. At first I was interested because that was my favorite ride whenever I visited the place 60, or so, years ago.
Then I carefully examined the boy in the car at the right - IT'S GOLDIE!!!
I discovered myself! What a surprise. I don't recall the event itself, but my family agrees that the driver looks exactly like me at that age.

Attachments

• Sunnyside cars and Goldie.jpg
    Sunnyside cars and Goldie.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 297
The courtyard behind York Square? (With Hazelton Lanes looming in the background.)

The back door of Vidal Sassoon used to be up the stairs on the left - I used to go there for free haircuts in the late '70s and early '80s when the students needed models.

One would sit around in the lounge, like a ho, waiting to be selected.

Stumack: I may have been a little off concerning the Ontario license plates date-wise but I recall that when the Plate to Owner change was made in the early 80s Ontario went thru their plate series issuance slower when plates stayed with vehicles. When exactly did PTO begin if you know?

Long Island Mike

I don't recall how the rollout was done, but the earliest PTO stickers had a June '83 expiry.

Stumack

Back