News   Mar 18, 2024
 746     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.5K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 769     0 

Marshalls

Macy's are completely hit or miss and a lot depends on the city/location. NYC (5th Ave) and San Fran (Union Sq) are amazing. However everything from suburban Rochester to downtown Philly are a good grade below our downtown Bay.

I wasn't that impressed with the Macy's off Union Square. I actually kept thinking to myself that it wasn't much different than the Bay. But it may just have been my mood that day. Maybe another day I would have enjoyed it more.

Reminds me of my (only) favourite scene from Will & Grace:

Karen: Sorry we're late, Jackie, but Rosie took me shopping. You know, I had never been to a Bodega before in Spanish Harlem.

Rosario: I took you to Macy's.

Karen: Macy's...oh look, I'm speaking Spanish!

Back to discussion of Marshalls--

Was by the Durham Centre today and finally know where in the centre Marshalls is going. Future Shop has moved out (apparently they have relocated--probably made sense since there's a Best Buy awfully close, and a 2001 Audio Video in the same centre). Marshalls will be taking that spot. Their name is already on the store listing sign along Kingston Rd. and the sign says "Spring 2011". It looks like the old Future Shop has now been completely cleared out. I don't expect it will take too long for them to redo it.

Back to discussion of Marshalls--

Was by the Durham Centre today and finally know where in the centre Marshalls is going. Future Shop has moved out (apparently they have relocated--probably made sense since there's a Best Buy awfully close, and a 2001 Audio Video in the same centre). Marshalls will be taking that spot. Their name is already on the store listing sign along Kingston Rd. and the sign says "Spring 2011". It looks like the old Future Shop has now been completely cleared out. I don't expect it will take too long for them to redo it.

I think the original announcement having all three of the initial stores opening on st paddy's day so that is about as much time as they have!

They are all the same company. TJ Maxx and AJ Wright are also apart of that company grouping.

I did not know that. I'm not all that excited now about it. I was thinking it would be less 80's clothing racks. And no wading through mostly crap like you have to do at Winners.

Back