News   May 09, 2024
 337     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 607     1 
News   May 08, 2024
 2K     4 

Maldive's Rendering of the Future Toronto Skyline

I am not sure, but maybe the sheer size of the JHC is what makes it seem taller as well- FCP, while tall is just not as massive as JHC- also that it sits on a podium, albeit a squat one, makes the tower seem shorter in my opinion.
I do really like the JHC though- great looking structure- both internallly and externally-

p5

It's always bugged me that Toronto has tried to maintain this 'pyramid' configuration to the skyline.

I don't think Toronto has tried to maintain a pyramid configuration. The builders decided what height they wanted and the city let them build if the site was located between the two subway lines. Buildings near Yonge and Bloor are definitely not part of a pyramid configuration nor are the numerous residential buildings.

I have always liked the pyramid shape of our skyline, with the CN Tower and SkyDome to the west keeping an asymetrical balance.

Development of a second pyramid west of the Dome (CityPlace, FYN) adds length to our skyline, as well as another interesting shape.

I am not going to get into that argument of which city has the best skyline (it has been discussed here before....this is all objective) but one must agree that Toronto has one of the most unique skylines in the world. We can thank not only the CN Tower and Dome for that, but also in the diverse colours and shapes of our main skyscrapers in the CBD.

Maldive Rendering at SSP

Don't know if this was brought to everyone's attention, it is in the 400ft list thread here, but Maldive over at SSP has updated the following:

futuremed.jpg

Outstanding job!

That's amazing. She (she's a she, right?) has an incredible talent. Surely she's from Toronto if she's spending so much time on those renderings. It's a shame she doesn't join our board.

I don't see the proposed tower in the urban village at Steeles and Don Mills that was announced yesterday. And she calls this a rendering.

Back