News   May 01, 2024
 427     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 228     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 302     0 

Maldive's Rendering of the Future Toronto Skyline

Future Skyline

This is a wonderful time to be living in Toronto. After the last 15 years of the same basic skyline, we are in a period of unprecedented growth, where 200 metres is now the norm and the long-standing 'dead' areas of the skyline are being filled by impressive new structures. Diserio.com and skyscraperpage.com both say Toronto is one of the world's top 10 skylines, a notable achievement. Hopefully, the three 'wild-card' condos, ICE, One Bloor and Aura will move ahead as scheduled. New commercial towers will most likely stop now after 18 York, Telus, RBC Centre and Bay Adelaide, but all have added to an impressive density. As well, available plots of land in or near the core are in short supply, except for Front & Simcoe and Bay Adelaide East block of land. Here is hoping the architects continue to deliver imagination and height to this global city.

Well said. I believe I speak for hundreds of thousands if not millions of Torontonians in saying that there is nowhere else I would even consider living.

I checked out Diserio.com and his photos of Toronto's skyline badly need updating. His main skyline photos are so old they exclude all of the development west of spadina. He also say the best location for viewing the skyline is centre island. IMO, the best location is out on the Leslie Spit because you can see both the city's east-west and north-south highrise profiles. Really worth a visit out there.

The last few years have been a lot of fun for highrise watchers. The city has grown UP a lot!

I must agree UT - nowhere else in Canada do you have the employment opportunity, cultural diversity and advantages present as you have in Toronto. It's an exciting time for the city, however, I wonder if most Torontonians agree with this? Certainly there is 'anger' out there - at transit, politicians etc, but I feel that's always been the case. I look forward to the world's media showing off Toronto at the upcoming G20 Summit.

I used to go to Diserio and others like Emporis...but I've stopped as they are so terribly outdated. I wonder if Diserio has ever even BEEN to Toronto? lol

I look forward to the world's media showing off Toronto at the upcoming G20 Summit.

So do I. However, if you go to the G20 thread on this site, you'll find a lot of complaining. I posted the following, and I guess I'm going to get blasted.

"Toronto wants to be considered a world-class city, but don't make it inconvenient.

We can't have it both ways.

Think New York/United Nations. Does anyone think they don't like the inconvenience? What about London/2012 Olympics, Paris, and Rome?"

Perfect shots. Thank you so much. I think I'm tearing up...snif-snif

Thanks to Maldive at SkyscraperPage for creating an absolutely stunning future rendering of Toronto's skyline. I just thought I'd share it on these boards for those who have yet to see it. I really hope that Manulife Tower gets built, it fills up that void between the CN Tower and the Central Business District.

Large pics:
WATERfuture.jpg

manu2.jpg

Smaller version:
WATERfuture.jpg

manu2.jpg

Whats that building between the CN tower and FCP with the orange lighting at the top? Looks absolute brute..

Back