L Tower Condos (Cityzen, Castlepoint Realty, Fernbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

Sam F, i haven't received another letter since the letter saying Sept. 2013. Perhaps i'll find out more when I go to the second decor appointment at the sales office.

thanks xenosblitz. I just got my Downtown Decor Centre appointment. It was annoying that they initially said they only made appointments on weekdays during business hours. If they're a customer service business, why would they make people have to leave their work to make an appointment? But it turns out they make Saturday appointments as well. I have my Paris Kitchens appointment this coming Saturday, so the process will officially start very soon!

Thanks for the info riley, thank goodness they have saturday appointments. Can I ask, where are you located in the building, top, middle ? Also how were you informed, did you have to call them or did they call or mail you a second letter. Thanks

Sam F, i haven't received another letter since the letter saying Sept. 2013. Perhaps i'll find out more when I go to the second decor appointment at the sales office.

Thanks Riley, I would be interested to know if the sales office is aware of any delays. On the basis of the current progress, I would say we might be looking at an additional 3-4 months (at least) delay...Anyhow, let's see :)

Thanks for the info riley, thank goodness they have saturday appointments. Can I ask, where are you located in the building, top, middle ? Also how were you informed, did you have to call them or did they call or mail you a second letter. Thanks

I'm in the middle of the building. when you ask how was i informed, do you mean about the appointments? I called them directly to make them.

Thanks Riley, I would be interested to know if the sales office is aware of any delays. On the basis of the current progress, I would say we might be looking at an additional 3-4 months (at least) delay...Anyhow, let's see :)

I just had my appointment with the kitchen people, and asked if they were aware of when it might be closed, and they told me they were advised they needed to complete the kitchens for the first units by July. She felt that my move-in date of Sept. was realistic.

I was wondering if the Decor Center will allow to make any structural changes inside the condo. Like for e.g. moving laundry to another place.

I don't know for sure, but I would seriously doubt it. Decor Center is only there to sell you upgrades from a predetermined selection of options, and to record which choices you want. Structural changes requiring a change in plumbing or walls or whatever are actual construction and trade related stuff that the developer would have to approve. In a large condo, I would be very surprised if a developer was willing to make structural changes particularly at this late stage.

You never know with pre-construction. It depends on the builder. Some builders move you in when half the building is missing, literally, above your head (Aura has move ins in a couple months, and 1/3 of it is still missing at the top), some don't move you in until even the carpet has been installed in the hallways. L Tower looks like it can make the lower 1/3 habitable by July if they really wanted to, so there might not be delays. Of course, it wouldn't be pleasant for those people to live there while they hammer away on the upper floors, and not have access to parking across the street at Backstage (which is still a hole in the ground).

I haven't heard back from them regarding delays either. But mine is extremely delayed anyway since I'm near the construction elevator. I'm not moving in until Feb 2014 (letter was sent last year). I'm on the lower half of the building.

Cool, thanks riley. I just called them myself and my appointment is in three weeks ... I'm in the top third of the building and the letter I got was the move in date would be January 2014.

How did you find Paris Kitchens. Was there alot of selections? Did you have to pay a premium if you chose alot of upgrades?

Cool, thanks riley. I just called them myself and my appointment is in three weeks ... I'm in the top third of the building and the letter I got was the move in date would be January 2014.

How did you find Paris Kitchens. Was there alot of selections? Did you have to pay a premium if you chose alot of upgrades?

Glad you got your appointment. January 2014 seems like a long time esp if they're supposed to be done my mid tower floor by sept. u must be quite high up, or maybe my date will change again.

Paris Kitchens was quite nice. There were three standard packages: a light wood/white one, a midtone wood one with "zebra" striped wood cabinets, and a dark wood/black one. You couldn't substitute floors or counters between the packages at Paris Kitchens, but they would let you choose a cabinets from the other packages at no extra charge. There were upgrades as well, like deeper cabinets, or higher shelving, or more expensive cabinets, but we just chose one of the standard ones. Our appt at the downtown decor centre is in a couple of weeks, where I guess we'll choose faucets and I'm not sure what else now.

Received a call to make my appointment to select my kitchen cabinetry this Saturday. Looking forward to seeing the options. My occupancy letter said mid November 2013, and I am on the 36th floor.

Last edited:
Just had our second decor appointment. Basically it was just a retread of the first appointment, with them re-presenting the selections we already made, but giving us a few additional upgrade options. Both appointments could really be combined, it seemed like a waste of time. The good news is, I was told that our move in date of Sept, 2013 is solid. They also said there are only 10 units left for sale.

Where you able to mix and match the packages at your decor appointment?
My girlfriend and I really liked the grey cabinetry but wanted the light marble counter top to go with it instead of the black granite.

Where you able to mix and match the packages at your decor appointment?
My girlfriend and I really liked the grey cabinetry but wanted the light marble counter top to go with it instead of the black granite.

I think you are able to choose anything you want as long as you're willing to pay for upgrades. in terms of mixing and matching WITHOUT paying for an upgrade, the only thing they said we could change between standard packages was the type of cabinets. You couldn't swap out the counter tops for free. So if you like the light marble counter top, you would have to choose that package (with the light wood floors and ceramic tiles, etc.), and then you could swap the light cabinets for the dark cabinets for free. but if you choose the dark package, and want to keep all those elements and just change the countertop, you'll have to pay for it.

I think you are able to choose anything you want as long as you're willing to pay for upgrades. in terms of mixing and matching WITHOUT paying for an upgrade, the only thing they said we could change between standard packages was the type of cabinets. You couldn't swap out the counter tops for free. So if you like the light marble counter top, you would have to choose that package (with the light wood floors and ceramic tiles, etc.), and then you could swap the light cabinets for the dark cabinets for free. but if you choose the dark package, and want to keep all those elements and just change the countertop, you'll have to pay for it.

See thats where I disagree with this process. Its unfortunate that it is considered an upgrade to swap between 2 standard offering. I would think the definition of an upgrade would be to change for something better or more expensive as opposed to a colour preference between two standard counters that are a part of 2 different packages.

See thats where I disagree with this process. Its unfortunate that it is considered an upgrade to swap between 2 standard offering. I would think the definition of an upgrade would be to change for something better or more expensive as opposed to a colour preference between two standard counters that are a part of 2 different packages.

Totally agree. Maybe if you argue that point at your appointment they will let you change it. We didn't argue at all because we were happy with everything after just swapping out the cabinet doors in the bathroom, so they would be different than the kitchen ones.

Back