L Tower Condos (Cityzen, Castlepoint Realty, Fernbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

I would be tempted to say that an amendment is just that ... an amendment to an existing agreement, so you still entered into the agreement before June 18/09. But I'm not a lawyer so I don't know for sure. You should check with your lawyer about this type of amendment.

I continue to sell units at L Tower, one word describes the tower - Spectacular! This in my opinion is the best designed res condo tower in Toronto and will get more attention from local and international investors when in the air, some may disagree but at $650 psf for some units on low floors its cheap compared to other areas and towers in the core that are priced same or higher.

Discl - I am a Platinum broker with Cityzen/Fernbrook and joining them in Las Vegas in recognition for outstanding sales achievement. At this event brokers in attendence will be granted access to upcoming Cityzen/Fernbrook projects before the VIP sales event for the next 3 years.

Last edited:
Well that's a relief. But to reiterate tampabay's question, what if there was an amendment signed? Does the amendment date take the place of the original agreement of purchase and sale date?

The admendment is for occupancy date as well as suite number if necessary. It is not changing the original agreement date.

If anyone wants to assign their units, I have many friends who are interested in purchasing. PM me

I am not an agent

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently got a letter from the developer (who actually sent it to my lawyer) that my final move-in date is in Sept, 2013.

I recently got a letter from the developer (who actually sent it to my lawyer) that my final move-in date is in Sept, 2013.

they sent you a letter almost 15 months in advance of the final movie-in date ?!?
don't they expect delays, etc within that time?
i wonder how many changes they will send you the closer to September 2013 they get.

they sent you a letter almost 15 months in advance of the final movie-in date ?!?
don't they expect delays, etc within that time?
i wonder how many changes they will send you the closer to September 2013 they get.

Yep they sent a letter. It doesn't feel early given they are actually years late, but I know what ur saying. I would not be at all surprised to hear there will be further delays but it's so in the future as it is that it at least seems possible. Has anyone else received that letter?

I also received a letter well before the holidays saying that I will be contacted soon to choose finishes. There was no indication as to how "soon" that will be, and I haven't anything more from them since. It seems very early to pick finishes to me, but I was happy to receive anything to indicate that progress continues to be made.

We picked finishes almost 2 years before taking possession for our new condo

I also received a letter well before the holidays saying that I will be contacted soon to choose finishes. There was no indication as to how "soon" that will be, and I haven't anything more from them since. It seems very early to pick finishes to me, but I was happy to receive anything to indicate that progress continues to be made.

I gave the decor centre (both the kitchen and the "other items" place) end of December, and had the following responses:

1) Kitchen Centre - Not all the samples are in yet. They will call me back when they are available for a preview (I asked if I can come before my appointment, which isn't set yet, to preview the materials so I have time to think about it). No call as of today.

2) Decor Centre (downtown) - they know nothing about the process. They told me to wait for my appointment. Not impressed with the customer service here. No offers for a call back, a call transfer to someone that knows, or anything like that. Light and day difference in courtesy between the Kitchen and the Decor Centre.

I don't think its early to pick finishes. My last condo I picked a couple years in advance. I know INDX already picked, and they are 4 years away from completion. Most condos are built with each floor at a different stage in construction. They will need to start putting in floors/cabinets soon on the lower floors if they are to make an August occupancy date. Takes time to order materials and get the workers to install 600 kitchens :)

I gave the decor centre (both the kitchen and the "other items" place) end of December, and had the following responses:

1) Kitchen Centre - Not all the samples are in yet. They will call me back when they are available for a preview (I asked if I can come before my appointment, which isn't set yet, to preview the materials so I have time to think about it). No call as of today.

2) Decor Centre (downtown) - they know nothing about the process. They told me to wait for my appointment. Not impressed with the customer service here. No offers for a call back, a call transfer to someone that knows, or anything like that. Light and day difference in courtesy between the Kitchen and the Decor Centre.

I don't think its early to pick finishes. My last condo I picked a couple years in advance. I know INDX already picked, and they are 4 years away from completion. Most condos are built with each floor at a different stage in construction. They will need to start putting in floors/cabinets soon on the lower floors if they are to make an August occupancy date. Takes time to order materials and get the workers to install 600 kitchens :)

I actually just called Paris Kitchens, and was able to make an appointment to choose cabinets and vanities! The decor centre (the other place, where we choose the other stuff) apparently only makes an appointment with people AFTER their Paris Kitchens appointment has already happened. Paris Kitchens is already meeting with people, starting from the lower floors and working their way up. My unit is in the middle of the building so she was willing to book me in for end of Feb, but if you're in the top half of the building they won't make an appointment with you yet. They are apparently meeting people from Wed to Sat, 10 appointments a day, so she calculated how long it would take to get to my mid-20s floor, and that's how she arrived at the Feb date. You should give them a call again and see if you can book an appointment.

I actually just called Paris Kitchens, and was able to make an appointment to choose cabinets and vanities! The decor centre (the other place, where we choose the other stuff) apparently only makes an appointment with people AFTER their Paris Kitchens appointment has already happened. Paris Kitchens is already meeting with people, starting from the lower floors and working their way up. My unit is in the middle of the building so she was willing to book me in for end of Feb, but if you're in the top half of the building they won't make an appointment with you yet. They are apparently meeting people from Wed to Sat, 10 appointments a day, so she calculated how long it would take to get to my mid-20s floor, and that's how she arrived at the Feb date. You should give them a call again and see if you can book an appointment.

Thanks, Riley! I just gave them a call and made a decor appointment (both Kitchen and Other). The key for the Downtown Decor Centre is to tell them when your Kitchen one is, and book something AFTER that date. They won't allow you to book something before. I'm still waiting for my confirmation email, but when I do, I'll post again here to confirm this strategy worked successfully.

Anyone knows when the "revised" first occupancies will be? Around 6 months ago, people got letters with first confirmed occupancies around August 2013. This looks to be delayed on the basis of the current construction progress....by how long however....but doubt it will be in August.

thanks xenosblitz. I just got my Downtown Decor Centre appointment. It was annoying that they initially said they only made appointments on weekdays during business hours. If they're a customer service business, why would they make people have to leave their work to make an appointment? But it turns out they make Saturday appointments as well. I have my Paris Kitchens appointment this coming Saturday, so the process will officially start very soon!

Back