280     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 902     3 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 923     0 

Jasonzed's myDrone Activity of Toronto and Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta say, I don't think Montreal looks like a prettier city than Toronto from up above.

It's hard for me to judge because I have an inherent bias towards TO. But Montreal does look pretty damn cool from above. In a way, it's like a smaller version of NYC - with the island being Manahttan, St Lawrence and Prairies being the East and Hudson, Mont Royal being Central Park, distant hills and Laurentians being Bear Mtn and the Catskills, numerous bridges...etc.

Obviously Montreal doesn't have the tall buildings like TO, but I've gotten to a point where I don't care all that much about the height of skyscrapers. Oftentimes suburban-style highrises aren't even all that high-density to begin with, considering they're on such large properties and along wide highway-like roads. So as long as there's an attempt for midrise corridors and higher-density development/infill - which Montreal is doing well - I think it's just as 'urban' as TO.

And for me water and shorelines are a big deal in defining city's attractiveness. This is why I think TO, Ottawa, and Hamilton have great futures. But landlocked areas will never be able to achieve this.

Montreal's version of the urban beach
f7042b3b-889d-42e4-bda7-eb5546750036_zpsoklfqmlc.jpg

Jason, your work here has motivated me to buy a drone and along with my son get into some fun and fotography...
would you have a recommendation of a unit for around $500....
any advice would be appreciated....

Haha, I'll admit that your thread has inspired me to get a drone one day as well!

Unfortunately that dream is probably a few years away for this broke student. :oops:

I've never really considered the battery life of a drone. How long does your drone last in the air Jasonzed?

Haha, I'll admit that your thread has inspired me to get a drone one day as well!

Unfortunately that dream is probably a few years away for this broke student. :oops:

I've never really considered the battery life of a drone. How long does your drone last in the air Jasonzed?

The drones will be that much better. The battery lasts up to 25 minutes. I have the DJI Phantom 3 Professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back