Evolution Condos (Averton Homes) - Real Estate -

Nobody's made an Evolution-takes-millions-of-years joke yet?

I feel for the people who bought here... I bought a unit from Beaverbrook (Printing Factory) in early 2007. Our occupancy was about a year overdue, which isn't too bad I guess. Beaverbrook is an awful company to deal with. If you want answers, you might as well go out and howl at the moon for all the good it will do.

I thought about making the joke but that would just be adding insult to injury ;) Seriously, I really feel bad for all the purchasers who have large sums of money tied up with this hole in the ground.

I've never bought new construction and have to say this example makes me even more leery.

A big mistake...

Yup...I am one of those 'buyers' who bought into Beaverbrook. Sigh.
The unfortunate part is that if they decide to delay completion AGAIN, they may do so for another 12 months from the projected end date of December 2012. Yes folks, we'll be waiting another year if that happens.

As a purchaser of this property, all I really want is my investment back with or without interest. Because at this point, I just want to be rid of the damn thing.

The unfortunate part is that if they decide to delay completion AGAIN, they may do so for another 12 months from the projected end date of December 2012. Yes folks, we'll be waiting another year if that happens.

As a purchaser of this property, all I really want is my investment back with or without interest. Because at this point, I just want to be rid of the damn thing.

Maybe purchasers can make more noise about this to the media and put some pressure on Beaverbrook. This whole thing is complete nonsense. I'm not a purchaser, but I would never buy from this builder and would discourage anyone else from buying from them either.

Maybe purchasers can make more noise about this to the media and put some pressure on Beaverbrook. This whole thing is complete nonsense. I'm not a purchaser, but I would never buy from this builder and would discourage anyone else from buying from them either.

I'd love to ruffle Beaverbrook's feathers. I actually tried to contact them directly. I called and emailed (3x). It took them 3 months to respond to my email.

Thanks for the idea! I thought maybe Mr. Christopher Humes of the Toronto Star would be a good start...

Did you buy in 2008 or 2009? We bought in 2008, with an original closing date of December 2010 so, according to our lawyer, we can back out December 2012.

Unfortunately we bought in 2009 :(

Are you thinking of backing out???

Did you buy in 2008 or 2009? We bought in 2008, with an original closing date of December 2010 so, according to our lawyer, we can back out December 2012.

If they are not done by then YESSSSSSSSSS, BOUGHT another condo its been since oct 2010 since they started digging and look at the site now thats all they have been able to do so far piss poor company. DONE WITH THEM....

It's dec 2012 is now the new date that beaverbrook gave, but who ever bought in 2008 can BACK OUT OF THE DEAL YAY YAY YAY. They will not be done by then, please its taking them 16 months just to get where they are now, SAD.....HOPING people who bought in 2008 will get out and screw them over

It's dec 2012 is now the new date that beaverbrook gave, but who ever bought in 2008 can BACK OUT OF THE DEAL YAY YAY YAY. They will not be done by then, please its taking them 16 months just to get where they are now, SAD.....HOPING people who bought in 2008 will get out and screw them over

I would hope not. It's a nice addition to the area and it would bring much needed foot traffic and yuppies in the area to boost the local shops and restaurants. Islington Village has so much potential and I feel this building (if completed) might be the tipping point for the area.

I agree radioheadmike..but I can't help but be slightly skeptical of beaverbrooks progress with this project. I do think it would be a welcome addition, however, many of us buyers have lost some faith in its completion.
I hope to live in it one day, but if many of the 2008 buyers drop out - I fear that other buyers will end up with the short end of stick and back out as well.

I would hope not. It's a nice addition to the area and it would bring much needed foot traffic and yuppies in the area to boost the local shops and restaurants. Islington Village has so much potential and I feel this building (if completed) might be the tipping point for the area.

I agree - I'd love to see more modern infill development all over Islington Village. It's pretty underwhelming and rough around the edges right now, with a lot of mediocre architecture, but has great bones, so to speak. Keep the handful of historic buildings and replace all the 2 storey retail!

they have no idea what they are doing but if their not done by dec 5 2012 the 2008 buyers can BACK OUT YAY YAY YAY FINALLY.........

they have no idea what they are doing but if their not done by dec 5 2012 the 2008 buyers can BACK OUT YAY YAY YAY FINALLY.........

The only issue with that is it probably helps the builder out as they can sell your unit at 2012 prices rather than the 2008 price you paid. I'd still hang onto this unless you really need the money. I think the value has gone up quite a bit and I think when all is said and done, it will be a nice building. They're just going slow as hell.

Back