News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 368     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 941     1 

Downtown Honda Acura (47 Eastern Ave at Cherry, 4s, Plaston Architects)

There is now a Building application in for this - anyone seen any designs?

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 157701 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Apr 26, 2013

Project: Non-Residential Building Addition

Description: Proposal for a 4 storey rear addition and a 3rd and 4th storey addtion above an existing 2 storey building for a car dealership which will include interior alterations. Application is in conjunction with 12-240550 STE.

Aug 04
9454309265_018db015df_b.jpg

9457011912_20a18b5a1e_b.jpg

9454240941_a839d9ccd0_b.jpg

Such fine-grained, sensitive urbanism. Such attention to architectural detail. A delight for the senses, truly.

From looking at the West Donland plans this site looks like it belongs to the development ! Is this temporary ?

This and the loth just north of Distillery ?

It's private - result of the land swap for the First Parliament Site and outside of WDL per se. In any case, I am sure it will get replaced eventually.

AoD

Looks kind of bland. I hope they fancy it up by adding some of those plastic streamers.

And maybe they can class the place up with one of these:

[video=youtube;AArsrcX6yCs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AArsrcX6yCs[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
There's always room for wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man!

[video=youtube;6GznhT__PXs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GznhT__PXs[/video]

The first section of this project (between Eastern & Front, nearer Eastern) is now open and they just put up a crane to do Phase 2 - behind current building, nearer Front Street. (The foundations were finished a few weeks ago.)

Seems like a great pity to put up car dealerships here as this is really becoming a major residential area but I guess (some) people want cars and one day they will move elsewhere.

There's a lot of land to develop in this area, many blocks worth in the Pan Am Village/Canary District which will take a decade or more to sell through and get built. With other nearby redevelopment in Regent Park, across River Street from Regent Park, at Riverside Square, and decades worth of development to come in the East Bayfront and Port Lands, we have a huge surplus of lands available nearby. I do believe that these car dealerships are only going to be here temporarily, but that could still be a couple of decades away before there's a shortage of nearby land to make their replacement economically advantageous.

The Honda dealer on Richmond Street closed a couple of weeks ago.
Anyone has details what will happen with this lot?
A new condo development?

Back