News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 531     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Church-Wellesley Village

Just in time for Pride, Crews & Tango is shut down as of today after losing their liquor license until July 3rd.

That is from an alleged overcrowding infraction back in the winter. I was told that closing for Pride is less of a loss for them than closing during regular time due to the high cost of staffing.

On the other hand, it is also the busiest weekend of the year. This will probably in turn hurt the other bars, since people will be less likely to bar hop when there will be even longer lineups and stick around (and probably not buy any more drinks).. which means the lineups won't move.. which means bars will see less turnover of sober patrons to drink more.

Happy Pride, UT'ers

PICT1548.jpg

PICT1526.jpg

dt_to_geek:

Great pic - happy Pride to you too! Would you happen to have a higher res. version of the first shot? It would make great wallpaper material :)

AoD

youtube-star-chris-crocker-glitter.gif

Come to think of it, there's something very "Hey Culligan Man" about that image...

What exactly are you proud of?

The fact that there hasn't been any murders or drive-bys in a few months?

Come now...that's unfair....trotting the tried and true "Scarborough bad" line....I have been all over the world and to many other parts of T.O. that are much worse in terms of crime and violence than Malvern. I haven't never really felt unsafe in my community.

I am proud of the fact that the neighbourhood provides shelter for thousands of Torontonians in a diverse, multi-cultural community...is close to the zoo, the Rouge watershed, and houses the Chinese Cultural centre....etc.

And I'll suggest that the community can only improve when people take pride in it....attitudes like yours notwithstanding.

Maybe he's the one holding the gun!

Hah...j/k. I was being a bit of a troll. I've heard things have improved since the gang busts...Malvern Crew/Galloway Boys.

Back