News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.5K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 636     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Church-Wellesley Village

Maybe he's the one holding the gun!

Hah...j/k. I was being a bit of a troll. I've heard things have improved since the gang busts...Malvern Crew/Galloway Boys.

Yeah, they have....I was in high school when these guys were prominent. I will give the Police credit where credit is due. They did a good job putting these guys away.

I think that says it all!

Yeah it does. I have no problem leaving my door open on a Sunday afternoon. Guess what, last weekend I was having a bbq with the neighbours....and I didnt hear any gunshots....can you believe it? None.

That noisy goods train is another matter....

Based on what you posted, no.

Well, we can agree to disagree....

Personally, I think the back alleys of many downtown neighbourhoods or European or American cities are far, far worse, but the media has to sell papers and its better to do it with sensational headlines slagging certain parts of T.O.

Anyway, I am here because I believe civic pride can only "lift all boats". So instead of slagging my community, how about we work together to improve every neighbourhood in the city.

I admit that I'm not the most familiar with the area, but Malvern always seemed like a fairly typical suburban area to me. I have a hard time believing it has the reputation that it deserves.

I grew up in Malvern and lived there up until about...3 years ago when I was forced to move to the far northwest. I will say that Malvern is a lot safer and more community-centred than the media makes it out to be. I mean, there were always areas that were generally unsafe, especially at night, with gun related violence no stranger to the community, but it wasn't at a rate any higher than any other part of the city.

I will disagree with the statement above though, that back alleys in the city are far worse than Malvern streets, becuase they really aren't. Most of the city, at least in my view, is very safe. I always felt more comfortable perusing the city streets at night as opposed to walking home late from high school in Malvern.

Frankly, I think Malvernites could benefit from examining the historical development and evolution of their community, esp. from the standpoint of CMHCesque 70s suburban planning--yes, there was a kind of enlightened thought put into Malvern, and the suburban parts don't compare too badly to contemporaries like Erin Mills and Meadowvale (the Mississauga Meadowvale, that is)

My neighbours house just sold for 525,000. Seriously Malvern is no different from any Toronto neighbourhood, most people are pretty ignorant of what goes on here.

My neighbours house just sold for 525,000. Seriously Malvern is no different from any Toronto neighbourhood, most people are pretty ignorant of what goes on here.

There are very few houses worth that much in Malvern. On average, the whole Scarborough real estate market is below par.

Scarborough real estate is cheaper than other parts of the city, but very few houses over 500,000 in malvern is incorrect. A builder at Neilson and Finch is putting a new housing development with prices starting in the high 400,000's.

But that's a *new* housing development. Whereas those in the heart of Malvern tend to be 70s/80s, so you have to allow for depreciation...

Anybody have any info on the proposed GO service to Malvern?

Move Ontario proposed two GO lines to Pickering that would run right through Malvern, stealing thunder away from the SRT extension and the silly Sheppard and Morningside Transfer City lines:

Project #16 - New GO rail line on the Havelock line from Agincourt to Pickering
Project #17 - New GO rail line on the Seaton line from Agincourt to Brock Road in Pickering

I'm sure Metrolinx will also recommend one or both of these lines. If built, stations would be certainties (at Markham or Steeles for #16, and at Neilson or Finch & Morningside for #17).

Move Ontario proposed two GO lines to Pickering that would run right through Malvern, stealing thunder away from the SRT extension and the silly Sheppard and Morningside Transfer City lines:

Project #16 - New GO rail line on the Havelock line from Agincourt to Pickering
Project #17 - New GO rail line on the Seaton line from Agincourt to Brock Road in Pickering

I'm sure Metrolinx will also recommend one or both of these lines. If built, stations would be certainties (at Markham or Steeles for #16, and at Neilson or Finch & Morningside for #17).

Just curious...do you have any links or information?

Back