News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 392     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 979     1 

Canada to deport U.S. army deserter

Neigh, the horse isn't dead until every one of these cowards is removed from our country.

I don't know if I would be so harsh. I agree that they don't qualify for status and that accepting them has rather grave consequences for Canada. But I don't think anyone should feel happy about executing some rather unpleasant business.

I don't know if I would be so harsh. I agree that they don't qualify for status and that accepting them has rather grave consequences for Canada. But I don't think anyone should feel happy about executing some rather unpleasant business.
If 200 Canadian soldiers had abandoned their unit in Afghanistan, exposing those remaining to heightened risk of death and injury, and then fled to, say, Ireland, from where they berated Canada for taking part in an immoral war, you can bet your lucky charms that we'd be pushing the Irish to extradite the cowards.

Imagine a firefighter, refusing to save a building on moral grounds, maybe there's an abortion clinic or temple or whatever gets your goat in the building, and then the other firefighters enter undermaned, and one firefighter is killed in the fire. We'd want that firefighter arrested. However, since we can't see the consequences when soldiers abandon their units leaving others to fill their shoes and carry on, some Canadians want to cut them some slack.

Another one gets the boot!

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=d272c485-7096-4adc-a854-fe6df444911f

TORONTO - American army deserter Patrick Hart's refugee claim was denied Wednesday, according to a spokesman with the War Resisters Support Campaign.

After a 20-minute hearing before the Immigration and Refugee Board in Toronto, Hart said he, his wife Jill and son Rian must leave Canada by Oct. 20, said Lee Zaslofsky.
I think the message is finally getting out that Canada is no place for deserters to hide.

Back