News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 470     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Wondering what's the end goal for 2 Bloor w, with lululemon upstairs. The concourse has been emptying one-by-one, with the latest exit being Game & Hobby Zone, which closed yesterday after 23 years in business.
IIRC Lululemon will have an entrance in the concourse level. So maybe that'll help bring in some traffic/new tenants.

Nike will be opening in the podium as well (a return to Bloor for them since they closed a Nike Town at 110 Bloor).
I'm not sure if there will be another retailer there beyond Mango.
Pretty sure the original announcement of the 2 Bloor West renovations included Nike as a tenant in the renders, before it changed to Lululemon, so I'm not surprised to see them open a store at this intersection, I guess they just switched corners. Also hoping this Mango has a men's section unlike the Eaton Centre store. Regardless, it'll be nice to finally have retail tenants at 1 Bloor East after years and years of empty storefronts (especially along Bloor).

The concourse has been emptying one-by-one, with the latest exit being Game & Hobby Zone, which closed yesterday after 23 years in business.
Not surprised at that one; I've seen the owner several times berating staff. Aside from that, their selection was always terrible. Not a great game store, not a great hobby store, not a great toy store, just some mediocre Venn diagram overlap of the three. I always wondered, with the store front that they were also using upstairs as a store room, whether the place either did gangbusters online business, or was a front for money laundering.

Anine Bing is opening at the Four Seasons Hotel, in the Bay Street space previously occupied by Archives.

IMG_1022.jpeg

Scotiabank is disappointing for the corner given limited banking hours.
Is there a TD nearby?
Maybe they'll take the flagship space at The One?
Then you'll have banks on all 4 corners.

Last edited:
Scotiabank is disappointing for the corner ....

Bizarre choice. I get them re-locating here, as their existing outlet is the subject of a redevelopment proposal........but a non-prime space would have been more appropriate.

Is there a TD nearby?

Yes, the corner of Bay/Bloor.

Maybe they'll take the flagship space at The One?

Please no.

Then you'll have banks on all 4 corners.

I'm really hoping we get rid of Royal; CIBC is no longer right at the corner, if the fruit company takes its rightful spot, we might limit it to just the one.

Bizarre choice. I get them re-locating here, as their existing outlet is the subject of a redevelopment proposal........but a non-prime space would have been more appropriate.

Yes, the corner of Bay/Bloor.

Please no.

I'm really hoping we get rid of Royal; CIBC is no longer right at the corner, if the fruit company takes its rightful spot, we might limit it to just the one.
CIBC and royal Own those buildings so, it would make sense for them to occupy the street level.

CIBC and royal Own those buildings so, it would make sense for them to occupy the street level.

Royal owns neither the building, nor the land; the land is owned by the City of Toronto and ground-leased to Brookfield Asset Management.

CIBC doesn't own 2 Bloor West either, Kingsett does.

Pretty sure the original announcement of the 2 Bloor West renovations included Nike as a tenant in the renders, before it changed to Lululemon, so I'm not surprised to see them open a store at this intersection, I guess they just switched corners. Also hoping this Mango has a men's section unlike the Eaton Centre store. Regardless, it'll be nice to finally have retail tenants at 1 Bloor East after years and years of empty storefronts (especially along Bloor).
Yes - many or all of the Mangos don't have mens. Thats why I always visit a Mango in Europe for the HUGE mens section.

Yes - many or all of the Mangos don't have mens. Thats why I always visit a Mango in Europe for the HUGE mens section.

Regarding the Mango in the Eaton Centre, I've read that the EC one is the FIRST in Canada but I'm fairly certain that they had one there on the third level about 10 years ago for a short period but then closed. Can anyone confirm?

I thought their first one was at Yorkdale last year? But yes, they were in Toronto briefly maybe 15 years ago. I remember this because my wife makes me go to a Mango store every time we are in Europe.

The former St. John space beside Gucci is now hosting something called Gucci Ancora

Hoarding is up on the long-vacant space beside Moncler at the Colonnade, unsure what's moving in.

Back