News   May 10, 2024
 337     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 310     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 420     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Stag Shop? Cum as you are? New home of the Bovine Sex Club?
As someone who used to frequent the place myself, I’d like to point out here that The Bovine actually has nothing to do with sex. It is/was a divey bar with cheap beer and great bands that attracts an alt/punk crowd.

The name was a tongue-in-cheek play on the then-global trend in alt scenes of calling something a “sex club/bar”; see “Sanctuary: Vampire Sex Bar” which also opened up on Queen not long after The Bovine.

As someone who used to frequent the place myself, I’d like to point out here that The Bovine actually has nothing to do with sex. It is/was a divey bar with cheap beer and great bands that attracts an alt/punk crowd.

The name was a tongue-in-cheek play on the then-global trend in alt scenes of calling something a “sex club/bar”; see “Sanctuary: Vampire Sex Bar” which also opened up on Queen not long after The Bovine.

Fair.. I have been to the Bovine a couple times. Not my cup of tea but some friends dragged me.

I just don't see that sort of club working in Yorkville.

I can see a few Eyes Wide Shut parties taking place though.

Peloton appears to have left 151 Bloor.

L'Oro, Panerai, IWC Schaffhausen and Roger Dubuis look to be open, or just about ready to open, at the Park Hyatt.

Othership is open in the lower level of 110 Bloor.

Louis Wine Antiques on Cumberland is closing.

A haberdasher or a gourmet food shop is opening at 157 Bloor W (okay this is simply speculation based on NL's relentless teasing). Indochino, Tip Top Tailors, Moore's (LOL). Tom Ford. Laduree. Temp location for Harry Rosen? Who knows (well, a couple of you do). Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Today.
IMG_9985.jpeg

I believe Mango is opening in the street level space at 1 Bloor East.

I can confirm Mango has space at 1 Bloor East.

I can also confirm that all ground level spaces at 1 Bloor are Leased.

Announcements pending.

There are also some leases upstairs done as well, I'm not sure if they're entirely tied up yet.

Back