News   Apr 25, 2024
 310     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 977     3 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Best Burger

Richtree College Park now serves burgers on their patio. Meat is much better than GBC, but bun is some grocery store crap.

^I was just talking to a friend of mine about her amazing lamb burgers (she was making them today, they're great with baba ganoush and chopped fresh mint in a pita.) So I came up with an idea for a Queen West hipster bar: "The Brad Lamb" burger.

Haha. I'm really curious to know what you'd put on that. Would it be served with a generous side of smug self-satisfaction?

What's the deal with South Street Burger Co.? There's one not too far from our place, in a mall anchored by Home Depot and Sobey's (Eglinton and Laird). I'm sure it's a chain. Has anyone tried it?

What's the deal with South Street Burger Co.? There's one not too far from our place, in a mall anchored by Home Depot and Sobey's (Eglinton and Laird). I'm sure it's a chain. Has anyone tried it?

Its New York Fries' burger franchise. I've been wanting to try it but can't be bothered to go that far out of the city to try it.

Is the Original Motorcycle Gourmet Burgers Etc. on Temperance, owned by the same people who run the Original Motorcycle Cafe on Queen W.?

So I caught up to a newbie and a few old school fave's that I'd never been to before.

1)Red Cabin Diner @Dundas and Kipling: bun was very flakey, threatened to fall apart as I ate what looked like a frozen prefab pattie. The good news: a generous helping of toppings. For $3.50, decent in a pinch. Very dirty interior though....

2)Apache Burgers @Dundas and Kipling: If I could've used a napkin to get the grease of the fresh off the grill pattie, it would've been an incredible burger. A good burger joint is where I feel like eating two of them! So far in Toronto, that's been at Mike's Munchies on Bathurst, the Burger Shack and now at Apache. Love the interior and the rich-looking customers.

3)Grindhouse. Hmm, I was surprised how small the $7 entry level burger is--unless you're on a diet, just order the bigger $10 one instead. It's really good, and they served it to me medium just like I asked, but honestly, I prefer the old-school vibe from Apache/M'sMunchies etc. Interior is awkwardly set up, and not having a real patio kinda sucks. I think they picked a bad location. The really good news: it's the only burger I've eaten in Toronto that wasn't char-broiled into a blackened cancer causing mess nor greasy stomach upsetting.

The verdict: The only place I have a massive desire to go back to again is Apache Burgers.:)

Last edited:
I went to Stockyards yesterday and had their griddle burger.

It unlike anything I've had in the city so far - they cook it on their flattop from fresh ground beef and do everything right beyond that (down to greasing and frying the bun).

In conjunction with their fries, its seriously one of the best burgers I've had in the city - well worth the $9 combo price.

Coming home, I walked past Hero Burger on the corner by my building, and was again filled with the sense of what could be instead of what is.

I agree about the Grindhouse's location...it's somewhat awkward inside and too bad that they don't have a real patio. I personally prefer the smaller burgers (which are still 5oz), but then again I generally have a smaller appetite. I had their black and blue burger the other day (it was a special, but it's been there for at least a week or two) and it was amazing. I find that there's a world of difference between medium (which I find just okay) and medium-rare (which I love). I guess you have to like medium-rare, though.

^Yeah, the Stockyard's burger is my next "must eat" burger. I guess it's worth the walk to St Clair and Christie (and back) from High Park.:)

The ironic thing is that Stockyards isn't located at or even close to Toronto's old stock yards. Maybe it caught your attention because it sounded like a cool new establishment at a location you wouldn't expect in the north end of the Junction, but it is not so. A restaurant like that would be a great new tenant for one of those storefronts fronting St. Clair in that massive new retail development at St. Clair and Keele.

What is the best burger spot in Toronto?

I'm calling on every Torontonian to finally put this to rest. Where are the best burgers in Toronto?

I'm curious who will win out, the lower cost places, Hero and the like, or the higher quality places such as Oh Boy or Craft.

I love the Grindhouse (King and Peter), and I've also heard that the Burger's Priest in the east end is great (although I haven't had one myself). Never tried the Drake...I'll have to get out there sometime.

Most overrated burger in my opinion: Allen's on the Danforth.

Back