News   Apr 24, 2024
 987     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 631     0 

Best Burger

Also good, and much in the same line (similar era/atmosphere/cost), is the Golden Star, on Yonge north of Steeles.
The Golden Star, where it's not too far if you come by car.

Not sure if the guy who does this rhyme (and others) still works there.

The Golden Star, where it's not too far if you come by car.

Not sure if the guy who does this rhyme (and others) still works there.

He was the last time I was there. I'm not sure what I like most about him: the speaking only in rhyme, or the fact that if any customer tries to join in he won't let them.

The best veggie burger that I have tasted is from Gourmet Burger Company . They have 3 locations now: Parliament Street, Charles East, and Yonge, North of Eglinton (across from Restoration Hardware).

They make the patty themselves and they offer lots of premium toppings for FREE such as caramelized onions, sauteed mushrooms, grilled peppers.

The Real McCoy's or Johnny's are both great and are pretty much Scarborough staples. I haven't had poutine at Johnny's, but the poutine at McCoy's is my favourite by far

I've had both...very good. Honestly, mcCoy's has great pizza and pork souvlaki...great food there

I ate at Hero Burger the other day for the first time. What a waste of money. $8 for a burger I could have picked up at No Frills

Also, Sizzlers on younge and college makes a good burger.

Last edited:
Yeah, Hero Burger is like a slightly more upscale Harvey's hamburger--fatty, oily and disgusting!

Does Fressen have a veggie burger? If so, I imagine it would be good. (I may be on the hunt for a good veggie burger soon anyway, as I'm trying to eat as little cancer-causing red meat as possible.)

I tried Gourmet Burger Co. yesterday. The location on Charles St. W. Pretty good! A little pricey though. Nice charbroiled taste to it. Love that.
The small side that you get if you pay extra is actually quite large!

So begins my tour of burger restaurants in Toronto as I'll be moving downtown soon.

Damn it, now that I'm expecting it I'm going to be disappointed until it happens. Those burgers are ridiculously unhealthy, but oh so good. I used to have them all the time in Washington

Five guys is amazing. Gonna blow everyone else out of the water......add their great fries to the conversation. I can't wait!

Back