News   Apr 26, 2024
 343     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 193     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 647     0 

Best Burger

To follow up on my above comment, the Grindhouse (at King and Peter) now offers an 8oz burger for those with larger appetites. This place is probably my favourite burger place in the city.

This thread tells me y'all gotta get out further more often.....two great burger joints.....Islington south of Norseman.....South Street Burgers (interesting toppings)....and Kipling ( I believe at North Queen) Royal Barbeque Meats.....the latter offering half and one pound burgers.....you see them in the display case and your eyes pop out they're so huge!

The best burger I've had thus far is definitely from Johnny's at Vic Park and Sheppard. Used to go there quite often when I was in high school.......now I can't remember the last time I was there. I enjoy South Street Burger Co. too though.

Next time I'm in Paris I'll try Black Calavados $25 burger that's on the menu...and maybe get to chat with Chris!

Just discovered The Gourmet Burger Company on Charles St. West, a few doors west of Yonge. Hands down the best burgers I've ever had. In fact, it's gonna be hard to ignore now that I'm living so close...

I now work around the corner. Went with some colleagues today for lunch, and I'll second this choice.

Gourmet Burger and Craft are good, but I would definitely recommend the burger at Weezie's just east of Parliament on King St. The burger is not overly handled, which allows the meat to retain its natural flavour. So, the burger is juicy without soaking the bun and is finely complimented by cheddar cheese and bacon. Good frites too. I think it runs $14, which is pricier than these other two locations, but it definitely tastes twice as good in my opinion.

I love burgers! But I do limit myself to one per week. :( After going to all the newish places close to me, this is my ranking;

1. GBC on Charles West is the best. The beef has a nice bbq char taste to it, not too overdone, the bun and topping fresh.

2. Craft Burger on Yonge, Good, but not as tasty as GBC and the Bun was a little too firm. I hear they have good rings though.

3. W Burger Bar is also good. More of a st down place, with a funky setting, however thet make a good tasting burger.

40. Hero Burgur at C&W. If i wanted pan fried Presidents Choice burgurs, I would go to Lawblaws and buy them and cook them myself.

Of the old school burgur joints, Dangerous Dans is still the best, and Allens makes the best Bar burger.

Oh, and a shoutout to C&W's on Dundas St. East in Mississauga!

Seriously? Dangerous Dan's an overrated place that has to resort to gimmicks like this one to get people through the door.

Best burger for my money in this city is a tossup between Allen's or the Detroit Eatery (both on the Danforth). Hamburgers were my favorite food for literally years and I think I've ordered one everywhere in the city there is one to order (except bymark: still out of my pay grade).
I think the peanut butter, bacon, and fried banana burger at Dangerous Dan's is totally awesome.

I was disappointed with Bymark - you're not missing much. It was a good burger, but the burgers at Dangerous Dan's are better, even if they don't have truffles. ;) Oh and the onion rings at A&W or even my workplace cafeteria were better than Bymark's. The Bymark onion rings were soggy.

But of course, the best burgers are the ones we make on our own BBQ.

I tried a Hero burger once. It was disgusting.

Last edited:
How has nobody mentioned the two best?

Burger Shack: Oriole Pkwy and Eglinton Ave.
Apachee Burger: Kipling and Dundas

I was just coming in here to plug Burger Shack! Their fries are also excellent.

Also good, and much in the same line (similar era/atmosphere/cost), is the Golden Star, on Yonge north of Steeles.

I was just coming in here to plug Burger Shack! Their fries are also excellent.

Also good, and much in the same line (similar era/atmosphere/cost), is the Golden Star, on Yonge north of Steeles.

Personally, I'm convinced that Square Boy on the danforth (previously mentioned) and Burger Shack are the same place and they switch places at night. Both ridiculously good, same pictures on the menu.

A friend of mine took his wedding party to Burger Shack in their tuxedos on his wedding day. Somewhere there's a picture of the six of them eating burgers standing up with garbage bags on over their rentals.

Last edited:
On a semi-related note does anyone know when and where the first Five Guys location(s) will be in the GTA?

Damn it, now that I'm expecting it I'm going to be disappointed until it happens. Those burgers are ridiculously unhealthy, but oh so good. I used to have them all the time in Washington

Back