News   May 01, 2024
 115     0 
News   Apr 30, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Apr 30, 2024
 2.4K     5 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

^ I've eaten in the BAC food court a few times and it's notable for the poor lighting and the noise levels. They don't seem to have used any sound absorbing materials and it's very irritating to lunch there. Not a good idea when you want employees to come back from lunch refreshed and re-energized.

Last edited:
^ I've eaten in the BAC food court a few times and it's notable for the poor lighting and the noise levels. They don't seem to have used any sound absorbing materials and it's very irritating to lunch there. Not a good idiea when you want employees to come back from lunch refreshed and re-energized.

i did notice it seemed really noisy when i went to grab a bite there

Though in this case, perhaps, judicious counterpoint might have been preferrable to "blending in", particularly given the special nature of Mies...

Back in the mid-80s there was a proposal to perch a pointy, deco-esque tower of about 35 storeys above the old Stock Exchange - not deadeningly faux, and not particularly ironic early PoMo either. More, if I recall, along the lines of what BCE Place turned out to be, rather than the messy whizbang assemblage that is Trump.

Back in the mid-80s there was a proposal to perch a pointy, deco-esque tower of about 35 storeys above the old Stock Exchange - not deadeningly faux, and not particularly ironic early PoMo either. More, if I recall, along the lines of what BCE Place turned out to be, rather than the messy whizbang assemblage that is Trump.

Wait until Trump is complete. It may all come together.

I think the underground area and lobby of BAC is really nice-especially like the marble. I never noticed the noise levels in the food court, in fact I thought it was very bright and cheery. I've always thought Scotia's food court to be darker and noisier than others.

I think the underground area and lobby of BAC is really nice-especially like the marble. I never noticed the noise levels in the food court, in fact I thought it was very bright and cheery. I've always thought Scotia's food court to be darker and noisier than others.

Yea I've eaten here on several occasions ... 'noise' ?? in a food court - I'm perplexed by what this even means - you expect it to be quiet ? I've never noticed anything that differed from any other food court I've been too (in terms of noise).

I'm not sure how these 'rubberized signs' are going to hold up. If you look at the bottom of the letter G in the second image it looks like it's already tearing.

bacd25c.jpg

bacd25a.jpg
[/CENTER]

Last edited:
Great close up shots, thanks. One would think the material selected would be made to withstand the temperature extremes typical to Canada, but this material does look as though a good wind on a very cold (or hot) day, would tear it open.

Does anyone know if there are other advertising logos on buildings in the area that are made of "soft" materials?

As bad as this looks up close I suspect that safety dictated the use of this material. If they were to use Plexi glass panels instead there is a danger that if they came off in high winds that someone could get killed in the street below.

Back