News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 470     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

By making small changes to the scale of the facade, they save both buildings from looking ridiculous.

It's only one building, and they haven't scaled the whole facade: the windows aren't scaled, just separated by more brick.

CURTAINWALL ALERT!

Someone give Cal a valium before he reads this...

The first curtainwall has appeared on east lobby facade... it has a strange "milky" appearance... don't know if this is a protective film, or if it is a 'lobby treatment' (as opposed to the reflective curtainwall sample posted somewhere in this thread).

Actually, maybe give Cal 2 valium.

It is definitely not green or reflective so Lisa should like it.

And why shouldn't Toronto get facadectomies that are slightly lengthened, compared to other cities? This is, after all, home to Dr. Robert Stubbs.

CURTAINWALL ALERT!

Someone give Cal a valium before he reads this...

The first curtainwall has appeared on east lobby facade... it has a strange "milky" appearance... don't know if this is a protective film, or if it is a 'lobby treatment' (as opposed to the reflective curtainwall sample posted somewhere in this thread).

Actually, maybe give Cal 2 valium.

It is definitely not green or reflective so Lisa should like it.

I have no doubt that Cal is in the Caribbean "huggin the honeys".

So cancel the valium and ask for a refund.... (we'll need them later).

Remembering the Concourse controversy, I'd be *very* cautious about embracing this scale-altering resurrection as a model for similar stuff elsewhere.

If it's more acceptable here, it's because it was a less important building, i.e. ideal to take the bullet on behalf of the Concourse Building...

I would be very excited if I wasn't so sick...( I was sick and in bed all day yesterday so I couldn't reply to your posts 3D)

I'll check it out over the weekend, and then pop the valium.

BTW: 3D

Who is Lisa?

BTW: 3D

Who is Lisa?

It was a typically obscure 3D comment referencing Lisa Rochon's nonsensical article about green glass (Arch thread).

BTW, I chatted with a very intelligent, official-looking young Ellis Don manager type, as he exited the construction trailer.

3D "Could you answer a question about the curtainwall that has just been installed?"

ED "Yes of course!"

3D "Why does it have that milky, opaque look to it? Is there a protective film on top that has yet to be removed? I understood the curtainwall would be reflective... more like the test pieces over there."

ED "Yeah... I thought so too."

3D "Do you have any idea what's going on?"

ED "Hmmm. Don't know. Maybe there's a protective film on it....?"

3D "Thanks for your help".
:rolleyes:

Ladies & Gentlemen, We Have Curtainwall

dsc00500qx7.jpg

dsc00501ks5.jpg

Back