News   May 14, 2024
 831     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 462     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 516     0 

Apple Store

I think we could comfortably absorb a few more apple stores.

Went to Yorkville on saturday to show them my year old 5th gen iPod that has frozen (was a music-less city for a week!). Was 2 hour + wait to even talk to a technition person, so i ended up buying an iPod shuffle and leaving, 5th gen still broke (though i have really begun to dig the shuffle....maybe there is such a thing as too manyh songs at once --- plus much lighter to go jogging with).

^^^I'd liken Carrefour Laval more to Yorkdale, which is the highest $/sqft major mall in the market. It's more upscale than Square One, which as much as I love it, has a Wal-Mart and a Zellers. I think there could definitely be one at Sherway and Square One too though.

Having it across the street in the bank buildings would've been great. I used to work near there, and would see the Parasuco store cladding everyday promising a huge store. But then, they took it down. Perhaps it's just not that big a draw between Shuter and Queen, since it's a bit removed from Queen and j-walking being a hassle. Toys R Us closed, didn't it?

Yes - Toys 'R' Us left. That stretch of Yonge is none-too-healthy.

That space wouldn't be too bad for the Future Shop, were they still looking to move out of their present location. Looks like some comprehensive plan for the block south of Shuter is needed to save the east side of Yonge.

Today's NY Times ( Thursday Styles section ) has a nice little item - with pictures - about the 17,000 square foot Apple SoHo store. The stairway of suspended laminated glass, beneath a pointy-roof skylight, looks reeel purdy. I can't imagine our new store will have anything like that.

The article ends:

"But my greater worry about the Apple store is germs. Over the course of dozens of hours of observing the store, I have yet to see a member of the staff come around with a can of Windex or any sort of antibacterial spray and wipe down the keyboards and mice, which are gripped by grimy hands all day long. One staff member told me that since he started working at the Apple store, he has constantly been sick.

On my last visit I saw one young man sneeze voluminously into his hands, then type on the keyboard and grapple with the mouse. Yuck! Two seconds after he left the station, a woman and her child began to fiddle with the mouse and keyboard. Triple yuck!"

The Soho store is amazing. Too bad this store didn't end up on Queen West.

The store on 5th Avenue (not sure if it is open yet) will also look great.

^^^But Future Shop's still meant for Metropolis. Perhaps a two-building Wal-Mart;) ?

National Post:

Link

Soup Nazi marches on Toronto

Rumour has it his concoctions are simply the best

Next Thursday at noon sharp the Toronto Eaton Centre welcomes a much-anticipated addition to its food court. And yes, there really is such a thing: in this case a new branch of the Original SoupMan (Trademark), the multi-million-dollar franchise operation that grew out of Al Yeganeh's soup kitchen on 55th and 8th in Manhattan, helped along by a television program called Seinfeld, which immortalized the famously crusty short-order cook as a character called the Soup Nazi. Yeganeh is supposed to make ''the best soup in the world.''

Will this Apple store be one of their large scale stores, or will it be one of their typical suburban mall scale stores?

F.Y.I....Sherway is now getting an Apple Store as well.

Cool! Where did you read it (see link below)? It makes sense, most markets TO's size have several stores. Chicagoland has five for 9-10 million, and Metro Detroit has three for about 6 million, so with Yorkdale, that makes three too. I guess Vaughan Mills won't be getting one, or Square One?

On another site (ehmac.ca), there was some discussion and a link for a job posting for Abercrombie & Fitch, which seem slated to go next to the Apple store in Eaton Centre. But there was someone that said it might be going to the might-be-closing Eddie Bauer. Who knows?

It looks like the Eaton Centre Apple store is set to open on May 6th.

Finally!

Grand Opening: Apple Store, Eaton Centre
9:30 a.m., Saturday, May 6

We created the Apple Store in the same way we create our products—with you in mind. Come to our grand opening this Saturday and help us celebrate our newest store. Meet our team of Creatives—professional designers, filmmakers, and photographers who can help you bring your creative projects to life.

With so much going on, what will you do first?
Enter to win a Digital Lifestyle Collection valued at over $2100*
Work one-on-one with a Creative
Learn about everything you can create on a Mac
Test-drive any iPod in the iPod family
Ask about our free workshops on creating and sharing music, movies, and photos**
Bring technical questions about your Mac or iPod to the Genius Bar

Apple Store, Eaton Centre opening Saturday

Grand Opening: Apple Store, Eaton Centre
9:30 a.m., Saturday, May 6

We created the Apple Store in the same way we create our products—with you in mind. Come to our grand opening this Saturday and help us celebrate our newest store. Meet our team of Creatives—professional designers, filmmakers, and photographers who can help you bring your creative projects to life.

With so much going on, what will you do first?
Enter to win a Digital Lifestyle Collection valued at over $2100*
Work one-on-one with a Creative
Learn about everything you can create on a Mac
Test-drive any iPod in the iPod family
Ask about our free workshops on creating and sharing music, movies, and photos**
Bring technical questions about your Mac or iPod to the Genius Bar

Back