News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 626     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Apple Store

That's a lot of stores, and again, another first-to-market store in a mall for Montréal. I can't think of where in the Eaton Centre it'd go. Is it where the Coast Mountain Sports is now? It doesn't seem to be very busy...I wonder how many levels it'd be too! I guess the rumours of being on Queen or Bloor or by the Ryerson Business Building were fruitless (so far)...

good news :) i like the apple store @ yorkdale, the ppl who work there are so friendly, was the same in the us stores too

I haven't been in the EC for about a month now, but back around Christmas there was hoarding up on the top floor near the south end, west side (near where the Second Cup used to be): that whole area has been reconfigured, and could hold a reasonably large store. Maybe there?

That area has always been a bit of a dead zone... for me anyway.

I was always under the impression the new downtown Apple location would be the site of the old JJ Muggs restaurant on Dundas just west of Yonge, between the new H&M and the new Ryerson business school.

I was always under the impression the new downtown Apple location would be the site of the old JJ Muggs restaurant on Dundas just west of Yonge, between the new H&M and the new Ryerson business school.

Oooh, that would be cool... they'd have a street presence then. Maybe a big neon Apple logo too. Yes, I like neon.

Can't imagine why they wouldn't go for a street presence. It seems v. out of character for Apple's big-city stores, which tend to have extremely prominent locations (Stockton St in SF, 3rd and Wilshire-or-so in LA, Michigan Av in Chicago, Spring Street in NY, Regent in London, etc. etc.) Let's hope for Dundas frontage.

Its on the top level. Just beside sephoria. I hadn't been to the eatons centre in a while and was amazed with all the new stores which seem to be opening or renovating at the south end.

Would it be going where the "back entrance" to the Cadillac-Fairview twr once was? (Y'know, that's been relocated next to the Queen ped bridge, on the other side of the elevators...)

Can't imagine why they wouldn't go for a street presence. It seems v. out of character for Apple's big-city stores, which tend to have extremely prominent locations (Stockton St in SF, 3rd and Wilshire-or-so in LA, Michigan Av in Chicago, Spring Street in NY, Regent in London, etc. etc.) Let's hope for Dundas frontage.

at least apple is opening downtown. i just noticed that their only montreal store will be in... a mall in laval. bastards. at least you can get to yorkdale on the subway!

^Wah?

Who the hell is doing their store locations?

As a former Montrealer, I object to Laval being viewed as Montreal.

Someone should buy them a map.

An Apple Store on Dundas (JJ Mugs location) could be what begins a revilatlization of that stretch of Dundas Street. As is being discussed in the "New Metropolis Design" thread, the New North Eaton Centre atrium turns its back on Dundas and only a crowd attracting store like Apple could reverse that trend.

Their store in Yorkdale is ALWAYS full, no matter what time or day of the week. It's impressive to walk through an empty Yorkdale on weekdays to arrive near the Apple store and see hoards of people flowing in and out. Think of what it could do for Dundas Square. They better be building a giant store to accomodate the crowds.

Disappointing, it seems it's to be next to Sephora, with no street frontage. I hope it's bigger than the Yorkdale store at least, which is always so crowded (too small for its location if you ask me). Maybe this means there's still room for a flagship on Bloor St.!

Back