News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 626     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Apple Store

It should go where H&M is right now...maybe H&M can take over one floor of Sears?

jayomatic: I have been speculating that the space beside Sephora is where it's going - do you know that for certain?

I can confirm it is indeed going next to Sephora. There is an Apple 'Coming soon’ painted onto the hording at that location.

Thanks urbandeveloper!

So with the location on the top floor at the south end beside Sephora confirmed...

...I'd say they are trading street presence for inside-street presence. Being inside the Yorkdale Mall hasn't exactly hurt them there - the place is a madhouse - and with Toronto's climate being one of debatable merit, they must figure inside is where they can bank on the most traffic.

Dundas would not have been a bad spot mind you - at either the old JJMuggs or Metropolis - as you would have had a lot of Ryehighersons walking by, and if Apple had wanted to buy one of the two old banks on the east side of Yonge opposite the Baton Rouge, either could have made for an amazing renovation job, and that might have pulled a lot of pedestrian traffic onto Yonge.

I think they are playing it pretty safe where they are going, and I hope it results in a spectacular store that is at least twice the size of the Yorkdale one.

Now how long until they're smart enough to open in Square One? (The Montreal location at the huge Carrefour Laval is their equivalent of Square One, BTW. It shouldn't be too long after that that they go for a rue Ste-Catherine location too. But when will Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa, Edmonton, etc. open?)

It's a shame Apple couldn't have used one of those pillar buildings. Only a company like that could occupy them in a useful way. I'm dreading the day to hear they're being demolished.

I would like to know what other stores EC has in the plans. Because over the last couple months they have not renewed leases on a number of retail stores that have been in there since the opening of the EC.

It seems like EC though is trying to get alot of stores that are not in other malls or in just one other mall(like Apple) for the most part, because there is another store opening there that I have never ever heard of.

Even in a wrecking ball-friendly city such as Toronto, I'd have a hard time imagining those two icons being demolished.

Somewhat related, one of fiendishlibrarian's photos showed another building in between those two. Anyone know anything about that?

People have been speculating that Apple would end up in the Eaton Centre 3rd floor, south end for at least a year now. And then there was talk at some point that the Apple Store at that location would still have some sort of street presence (windows and signage, even if not an entrance) above the Duke-of-whatever pub. And then the rumours started that Apple would take over some of the old Eaton's store space once Sears decamps.

Sadly, it seems that probably only the first rumour will turn out to be true.

It seems like EC though is trying to get alot of stores that are not in other malls or in just one other mall(like Apple) for the most part, because there is another store opening there that I have never ever heard of.

Based on the hoarding, they all look run-of-the-mill to me. Some of the hoarding next to the Apple store location remains "unclaimed", so maybe something fun will go in there.

I remember going to Apple retailers back when I was a kid and had an Apple IIGs. Prediction: Apple stores pop up everywhere built with money fueled by Ipod sales. Inevitably Apple makes bad strategic decisions leading to near bankruptcy in 5 years, all stores close.

Eaton Centre is going to be their landmark Canada location, so it better be a good one. I'll stop by tomorrow to see the hoarding.

Ewww. Microsoft Stores. Don't scare me like that.

Don't worry... not Microsoft stores... HP Novell stores.
- HP Novell Digital Entertainment Centers
- HP Novell Plasma TVs
- HP Novell Digital Cameras
- HP Novell Scanners
- HP Novell iPaqs (multimedia edition to compete with video iPods)
- HP Novell Laptops running HP Novell Desktop OS 12

Back