News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 345     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 910     1 

46th Canadian General Election

I didn't say SFHs were the majority. But any level of SFH really is a loss of efficiency when there's a shortage of housing.
Also, the proportion that are SFH is much worse outside Vancouver and Toronto, while those cities still have housing shortages.

Across the country, out of 362,000 starts, only 46,000 were SFH. 12% seems like we're doing pretty well unless you think it needs to be 0%, which is an unrealistic goal.

It is crazy, seeing as he has no direct power to do such things.
The federal government has a long history of acting outside of its jurisdiction through the power of the purse, that is bribing or blackmailing other orders of government to do what it wants.

Cabinet minister and Toronto-St Paul's MP Carolyn Bennett just announced in the house she's resigning at the end of the year. She previously stated that she was not going to run in the next general. This could possibly mean a by-election in the spring of 2023, depending on whether the Liberal-NDP agreement stays afloat.

Leslie Church, a former Chief of Staff to Chrystia Freeland, is running for the Liberal nomination, and local councillor Josh Matlow has also expressed interest.

I really don't think they would want to have the election before 2025. They need major programs like dental to roll out.

I really don't think they would want to have the election before 2025. They need major programs like dental to roll out.

I'm inclined to agree.................but

I am hearing serious rumbles about election readiness machines and candidate nominations ramping up quickly, in both the NDP and the Liberal camps.

Might mean nothing............but....

I'm inclined to agree.................but

I am hearing serious rumbles about election readiness machines and candidate nominations ramping up quickly, in both the NDP and the Liberal camps.

Might mean nothing............but....
Why? The Liberals have nothing to gain from holding an election in the near future.

Why? The Liberals have nothing to gain from holding an election in the near future.

Do I look Liberal or something? LOL I can't explain the logic of the government, such as it is; I'm merely reporting what I understand to be happening.

Do I look Liberal or something? LOL I can't explain the logic of the government, such as it is; I'm merely reporting what I understand to be happening.
I'm just trying to understand what the thinking might be. If I were Trudeau, no way in hell would I even remotely consider initiating an election anytime soon with such lousy poll numbers. I'd ride it out until the very last possible day in 2025 with the hope that things like dental care and whatever other goodies they might have planned make a difference by then.

I'm just trying to understand what the thinking might be. If I were Trudeau, no way in hell would I even remotely consider initiating an election anytime soon with such lousy poll numbers. I'd ride it out until the very last possible day in 2025 with the hope that things like dental care and whatever other goodies they might have planned make a difference by then.
This, Interest rate cuts, and Donald Trump being elected as President. Things could look very different, then today.

Former Toronto councillor and TTC chair Karen Stintz is planning to run for the Conservatives in Eglinton-Bathurst.

Very well, she thinks P.P. is a great communicator....good luck with that sentiment.

Former Toronto councillor and TTC chair Karen Stintz is planning to run for the Conservatives in Eglinton-Bathurst.

These has-beens just can't stay away from the trough for too long, eh?

Back