News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 331     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 898     0 

2023 Toronto Mayoral by-election

Who gets your vote for Mayor of Toronto?

• Ana Bailao

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Brad Bradford

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Olivia Chow

Votes: 58 52.7%
  • Mitzie Hunter

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Josh Matlow

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Mark Saunders

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's sort of like, people who tell those who post such statistical data, "Olivia Chow won, period, and that's all that matters", miss the point of election statistics completely

Damn it. It’s working now.

I have duly read; and fine work as always!

While I would encourage everyone to follow the link in @ShonTron 's post for his thoughtful take, I will also link directly to his map:

For the above:

1688439723503.png

One thing that puzzled me is how Lyall Sanders wound up in the top tier of the bottom tier (i.e. next after Gong, and 2 1/2 times the next one down, Mammo)--the most "obvious" explanation has been a Sanders/Saunders confusion; yet I can't say that Saunders had enough support to back up that degree of mistaken-identity balloting, unless being btw/Saunders & Saccoccia on the ballot might have led to "adjacency accidents" from the *other* side. Or maybe, those most susceptable to Saunders by way of DoFo are truly *that* dense, and they might see the Sanders vs Saunders on the ballot and go "gee, which one", and go for the first--or who knows, maybe Ford Nation's social media whizzes sent out a reminder to "Vote for Sanders" (sic) and that's what happened...

I chatted with my city hall staffer friend last night. He works for a progressive councillor. One name that has popped up among some lefty circles is Olivia Chow.

Personally, I think this is a bad choice. Yes, she has name recognition, but her 2014 campaign was very uninspiring. Even if she took a cue from 9 years ago and ran on a more bold and ambitious platform, I think she comes off as "yesterday's candidate."

I owe my friend a pop. ;)

Yes. Renting out apartments to tenant residents is providing a service. It takes a lot of work. Perhaps you should try it sometime and see for yourself.
Looking at this poor bastard, no thanks.

Paywall free: https://archive.is/fHEHd

If I had the hundreds of thousands of $$ to buy a rental property, I’d skip the hassle and buy bank stock or bonds. GICs are paying close to 6% now.

Back