News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 580     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

2 Ossington (@ Queen, NDS Properties, 4s, SMV Architects)

They just announced yesterday that they are now "completely sold out" and a new project at a site around the corner from 2 Ossington will be launched soon.

Just reading YongeStreet right now and noticed an article from 5th May 2010 stating that "Permits are expected this week for demolition to begin at 2 Ossington, the future site of SMV Architects' two-storey retail and condo building on the northwest corner of Queen and Ossington."

Good news, except is the article really accurate when it says it's only 2 stories with only 5 units?

Coiuld also be another of those differences of opinion. Some people include the sub floors in loft apartments while others don't.

Aren't the boutique hotels on Queen West major money losers though?

Meh. Would have been better to have turned it into a boutique hotel.

Ya, the queen side of the existing building has the feel of a boarded up english tavern. Could have been charming but that building must have been in horrible shape the way it was treated for the last few decades. Not that I would accept that excuse if this was listed. I originally thought this was a loss but now have come around on the new design.

16 May 2010 update:

dsc03870f.jpg

What the hell happened here yesterday? There was like a major collapse of the boarded poles from the sidewalk(part of the destruction process) and Cops and City TV were there with their cameras. Apparently no one got hurt (thankfully) but I walk under that sidewalk barrier practically everyday, and I would be slightly peeved if it landed on me.

Back