News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 605     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

2 Ossington (@ Queen, NDS Properties, 4s, SMV Architects)

The corner is noisy however, with bus stops, changing of gears, cars accelerating, drunks screaming, crazies howling, etc.... So perhaps artsy folk will buy here?;)

Hah! Crazies howling...

There's not a lot of pedestrian traffic here, it's quite far away from the Queen West bar scene (in terms of walking). Having the CAMH in front of you though, is a different story.

From the look of the CAMH redevelopment plan though, the idea is to distribute the 'clients' (patients) inside the campus thus moving them away from Queen St.

There won't be a large main entrance as there is today. Queen St. will be lined with stores and other businesses.

This condo is anticipating this change but I wouldn't buy here for the simple fact that they're fluffing the facts: "Toronto's Most Recognized Intersection"? WTF do they mean by that? That's simply a lie. Looks like they're taking advantage of naïve new comers.

That claim is absurd. The marketing people should admit themselves at the institution across the street.

I like the area, not so much that particular intersection, but Ossington and that general area of Queen Street. However I wouldn't buy property right across from Camh unless it was at a discount. Incredibly, the townhouses at 1 Givins, one block East, are advertised at 800k. The building looks great to me, but I can't see how they justify the price.

Can't build this fast enough!

I live nearby and actually cheered when I saw the development sign. I wish the developer luck.

The CAMH clients are mostly harmless, but I am not sure I would want to have my view be their front doorstep.

It seems like that's all changing anyway. The map shows "Non-CAMH lands in blue". I guess the redevelopment means the view will change to a commercial one.

Development Link:
http://www.camh.net/News_events/Redeveloping_the_Queen_Street_site/New%20Neighbours%20in%20the%20Urban%20Village/EN_NewNeighbours.html

I expect this will be a tough sell, even if there is stuff like Sweaty Betty's or Bernate nearby.

2 Ossington Going On sale Shortly

Hello everyone,

Spoke with the developer who informed me that 2 Ossington will go on sale shortly. I love the green features they are incorporating into the building and the small, boutique structure, staying true to West Queen West roots.

For more info please visit UrbanRealty.ca or contact me directly.

All the best,

Yossi Kaplan, MBA
Harvey Kalles Real Estate Ltd., Brokerage
UrbanRealty.ca

I've had such a bad impression of this intersection, but you know what? This is actually starting to look interesting for me. I'm looking for a loft in the West Queen West or King West neighborhoods.

So far, what I've found that I like is above $300K and I'm hoping for something in the $250K bracket.

I wouldn't be surprised if the difficulty of selling at this tarnished intersection would have the prices start lower than what you'd see for a loft downtown.

I know that something big is happening and sweeping changes are coming and in fact already set in motion. Just down the street at Dovercourt, a posh new restaurant has been opened.

The Drake Hotel effect is slowly creeping East. The previously dead space between Parkdale and Shaw is being filled in with interesting activity. I wouldn't be surprised to find that in 5 to 10 years time, this will be a very desirable location.

This joint is almost sold out. I was in the sales centre long enough (not invited, btw, I just walked in and told 'em I thought the place was a rip-off--it is...) Sunday PM to see most of the units had little red dots.... So, looked to me like it's about 70% sold.

I suppose some people think $250,000 for a shoebox on a loonie corner is a bargain. Hmm, I'd rather live in the CAMH centre for free! But then I'm kinda crazy....;)

July 16

Now there is a large For Lease sign on the building?
2675206669_e29f5cb02d_b.jpg

So there is still hope! I'd rather see this charming old building fully renovated into a cool lounge/bar/cafe/club/live venue/hipster joint than be replaced by that uninspired, institutional looking grey box.

The 'for lease' sign is probably for the retail at street level of the development.

Screwed right over the condo sales sign? Retail leasing a couple of years before a new building would be ready?

I think it's more likely that sales of Lofts at 2 Ossington may not have gone so well...

Back