News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 601     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, someone has some serious mental health issues if they spend so much time simply setting up accounts to spread false rumours about this project. Toskier, seriously, see a doctor as soon as you can.

be patient and you will see.

Look everyone thought Trump was canceled and now its under construction.

It's interesting that both Trump and 1BE are being developed by obvious non-Canadians. (Other projects in Toronto might be as well, but if so, the foreign origin of the developer is not an issue, or even widely known.) Could this be a factor in some people 'wanting' their respective projects to fail? It seems to be more than coincidence that the two projects well-known for being developed by non-Canadians are also the two projects widely 'rumoured' to be failing.

In the case of the Trump project ... it has demonstrated to be somewhat of a failure (in terms of sales), which is the reason why the tower got shortened by about 10 floors ...

It's interesting that both Trump and 1BE are being developed by obvious non-Canadians. (Other projects in Toronto might be as well, but if so, the foreign origin of the developer is not an issue, or even widely known.) Could this be a factor in some people 'wanting' their respective projects to fail? It seems to be more than coincidence that the two projects well-known for being developed by non-Canadians are also the two projects widely 'rumoured' to be failing.
Maybe it's Stinson & Co.?
In the case of the Trump project ... it has demonstrated to be somewhat of a failure (in terms of sales), which is the reason why the tower got shortened by about 10 floors ...

I thought the reason was because the height and narrowness of the tower wouldn't allow for another elevator shaft...

Further to unsubstantiated rumors vs. fact: In fairness to our new friend Toskier (who sounds very much like an old friend, slightly disguised), it may indeed be a fact that Bazis is seeking a partner, although I myself have heard no such thing. If so, it would not necessarily mean that the project is in trouble. It may simply indicate that Bazis desires to spread the risk, tap into expertise which they don't have in-house, etc.

Tridel does a number of "joint ventures", as an example, and I doubt that it indicates that those projects are at any risk of not going ahead. Fernbrook and Cityzen are teamed up on the Absolute project in Mississauga. It's been a wild success. It's my understanding that Menkes, certainly a solid company, are partnering soon with two other companies in a three-way joint venture in North York. And so on ... joint ventures in land development are not that unusual.

The legitimate doubts about 1 BE are, if anything, around issues of the final design and height, as it is still going through the approvals process. I have not heard anything at all to indicate that it won't be built.

And yes, in the back of my mind I share a feeling that Mongo has referred to. It may indeed have a bit to do with the origin of the Bazis people. Those from Kazakhstan must be clowns a la Borat, no? It's not as if their extensive track record would count for anything. :rolleyes:

This is Bazis first entry into North America. Why would anyone think that they would give up over a few hurdles and show the world that they couldn't make it in one of the strongest markets in North America? That would probably be the worst thing they could do their reputation.

I dont know if it was somewhat of a faliure You cant forget that most of these units were going for 1 million and up.I think that was a first for such a big complex in Toronto.

Its being built, nuff said...height may change a small amount but thats about it.

Everyone can have a valium. Actually I might have one with you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back