News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.2K     3 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 731     0 

Politics: 2014 Provincial Election & Transit Politics

diminutive

Member Bio
Reaction score
Since most threads have become inundated with comments on how the election will impact transit, maybe it would be useful to just have a specific thread to talk about the (potential?) QP election.

I personally hope all parties, through feedback gathered during the election, realize non of their leaders or platforms are very inspiring and we see a major turnover in Hudak/Wynne/Horvath. A common refrain is "while I don't like the Liberals, the others seem worse..." but this seems ridiculous to me. If we don't like any of the candidates that's all the more reason to have an election. Parties will get feedback from their base throughout the campaign, which will hopefully produce less idiotic politicians.

Also, it's kinda frustrating to see every thread jammed with partisan back-and-forths for a few months, especially when there's no news on the specific project and everyone's just guessing based on their politics.

ttcV5.png

Remember I posted this map a couple weeks ago? Take a good look. This is what I think transit will look like if Hudak gets in. Nothing for North Etobicoke or East Scarborough but that's what those people will have voted for if they vote PC at the ballot box. No LRT's. It looks nice, but's barebones and works more to raise property values and and help commuters from Vaughan and Richmond Hill then Toronto.

Last edited:
The attack ads have started. Kathrynn Wynn is accused of wanting to privatize transit.

The unions have been running those ads for weeks. The "disaster in London" is a bit funny because the "private partner" they refer to in London is a partnership between OMERS and OTPP......both of whom manage/invest a lot of union members' pensions.

Oh give me a frigging break. Wynne privatizing GO? Which of the opposition parties were claiming this?

The PCs are the party of throwing things at the private sector and hoping they work. Burning the money to heat the house.

GO is already privatized in the sense that they contract out operations to Bombardier or CP for the Milton line.

Back