Toronto Charlie Condos | 122.83m | 36s | Great Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

Also remember the height of Charlie's podium in relation to Hudson:

charlie.jpg

So Charlie is now the 4th condo hi-rise building under construction in this so called theater/entertainment district, after Boutique, Festival Tower, M5V, i wonder whats next.

Last edited:
Daily Commercial News

CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT BUILDING
Proj: 9061494-8
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
NEGOTIATED/START
Charlie Condominium, 430 King St W, M5V
$30,000,000 est

Start: September, 2009

Complete: June, 2011

Note: Excavation and shoring are underway. Const Mgr is issuing Invited Sub trade tenders sequentially as needed. Pricing from Sub trades for elevators and structural trades will be invited Winter, 2009. All Sub trades will be secured Summer, 2010. Further udpate late Spring, 2010. Unsolicited phone calls will NOT be accepted by the Const Mgr.

Project: concrete foundation, cast-in-place concrete structural frame, fuel fired heating system, proposed const of a 32-storey condo apartment building with 3,000 sq ft of retail space at grade and ammenity space and a pool on the seventh floor. Amenity spaces include a dining lounge, kitchen, eating area, billiards/media room, aerobics/yoga studio, fitness/weight room, co-ed steam room, his and hers change rooms, pool side lounge and a large terrace.

Scope: 270,000 square feet; 32 storeys; 2 storeys below grade (this doesn't sound right :rolleyes:); 278 units; 4 acres

Development: New

Category: Apartment bldgs

First report Wed Apr 18, 2007. Last report Tue Apr 14, 2009.
This report Mon Sep 14, 2009.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=8dfea3c78cdb184b0d70bdd6c9e7f90da0fc9b36&projectid=9061494&region=ontario

Thats exciting ! Finally .....This area will be THE place to be once M5V and TIFF Lightbox are completed !....All Charlie needs now is to attach a hot tub to the pool !) This is gonna be a great building ! Hopefully with very FEW renters !

I can't wait till construction is completed for all three projects - hopefully the TIFF building will drive up the value of Charlie. The LCBO will also be located at the sout-east corner of King and Spadina soon....

Well lets just hope that the retail that will be built in Charlie will be decent. ..... .And lets hope more "higher end" stores will replace the "drab stores" across.

When do we get to go to the design centre and pick out the finishes? As well does anyone have any idea what the views will be like facing east in the mid teens !????

When do we get to go to the design centre and pick out the finishes? As well does anyone have any idea what the views will be like facing east in the mid teens !????

Based off of how things went with Hudson, you'll be picking out the finishes when the building is nearly complete. I think we were 6-9 months from occupation when we got to select our finishes. Other Hudson owners can correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the view, based off of our view you'll be looking over the green roof of MEC, the former Holiday Inn and will have a good view of the bank buildings, the CN Tower and the buildings to the north east. Until Glas went up our view was pretty good being able to see the Canada Life building, fireworks from City Hall, etc.

Sorry 'bout this lister but you'll thank me one day (middle finger could be replaced by 2 thumbs up):

"Based off of how things went with Hudson..."

"As for the view, based off of our view you'll be looking over the green roof of MEC..."

"Based off" is not literate even on an internet forum. Try "given" instead.

No offence. Just trying to raise the bar outa da ditch. As for the rest of you who think I'm being too fussy.... based off your posts you too should open a dictionary.

Back