Toronto Charlie Condos | 122.83m | 36s | Great Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

views

Where there is a growing city, and vacant lots, there will be new buildings, construction and the rest of the city noise and dust.

If you wish to secure your view live facing the water, or a municipal park.

YK.

Which floor are you? is the streetcar that noisy when you are inside your unit?

Mid-teens. With all the windows closed you can still easily hear streetcars turning and when they thunder down the track. As I said previously, it doesn't really bother me that much but if the noise went away I wouldn't complain. :)

Perhaps those tracks just need a little love?

ky_jelly_fake_ad.jpg

at least GLAS owners knew about Charlie was coming soon to the site south of GLAS ... so they should have expected it when they bought

but for Hudson owners, I recall when that building was being sold ... Charlie was not even on the radar ~ that's why I feel bad for Hudson :(
I remember Charlie being called "Hudson phase 2" before Hudson was built.

I'm pretty sure there was no mentioning of Charlie or Hudson Phase 2 when they were selling Hudson ... or else those easterly facing units would have NEVER sold ~

C'mon, if you're buying next to a parking lot downtown, you're just naive if you think nothing is going to be built there, whether or not an official project has been announced.

for Hudson owners, I recall when that building was being sold ... Charlie was not even on the radar ~ that's why I feel bad for Hudson :(

So those who bought units in Hudson did not think that the empty lot beside the building would be developed?

a lot of people don't think that far ahead ... besides, if the sales office for Hudson wasn't located on-site (I don't recall if it was), purchaser would have never noticed the empty lot waiting for future development next door, which is now Charlie's new home ~

C'mon, if you're buying next to a parking lot downtown, you're just naive if you think nothing is going to be built there, whether or not an official project has been announced.

Keep in mind it only became a parking lot after the Hudson broke ground. Before that, it was a 3 or 4 storey warehouse building covering the entire property . The lack of any pavement should be a dead giveaway that the lot can't be that old.

This forum (at least it's predecessor) was aware of this potential development site since 2005 (remember when it was called The Victory?). The Hudson was in sales until at least 2006.

Here's a planning doc from May '05: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/2005/agendas/committees/te/te050531/it008.pdf

While the last purchasers @ Hudson (if they were development consious) may have been aware of the potential Charlie condos development from the above May 2005 City Planning Staff Report, it is important to note that Hudson started broker/agent sale back on July 13, 2002 as confirmed by this Baker Real Estate Document ...

as with most condo projects, the majority of sales happen within the first 2 years of a project launch, therefore it is fair to say that the majority of Hudson purchasers were NOT expecting another condo to be located immediately to their east (just trying to make a point ... notwithstanding I agree that views can never be garenteed in downtown TO)

There aren't many views to be lost, anyway. The windows on the east side of the building aren't exactly panoramic. I doubt that even the most naive purchasers have all their living room furniture oriented towards the narrow slit windows that will soon be inches away from Charlie.

Back