News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 400     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 995     1 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

A little birdy told me that Gormley is one GO construction project that was actually completed early!

http://www.gotransit.com/public/en/improve/projects/gormley/

FALL 2016 UPDATE

Construction has been progressing well; the platform, canopies and walkways are almost finished; the parking lot has been paved, lines have been painted, and the lighting has been installed. The station building is 95% finished, with some electrical work left to complete. Area residents will notice that work will be happening at the intersection of Stouffville Rd. and the station to make entering and exiting easier and safer. After all of that we’ll do extensive commissioning to ensure we’re ready to open the station.

We started construction in 2014 and are planning to start service by the end of 2016.

Construction is early, but Gormley GO was supposed to open in 2014, but was pushed back.

So its technically still late.

By that same argument, the extension of Lake Shore East will be late then, since the EA was done for it years ago.

But it's not, because they only finally got permission - and monies - to go ahead with it this year.

And the same goes for Gormley - the money only started flowing for it in 2014. At that point it was projected to open at the end of 2016, and it looks like that is one promise that they will keep.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

The top speed for Kitchener GO and VIA trains should be 90 mph between Malton and Weston according to the planning documents for the now-complete Georgetown South Project. But since I've never seen a train go more than 80 mph through that stretch, I left the top speed as 80 mph in the chart.

I can confirm the maximum zone speed for all passenger trains in that stretch and the rest of the Weston sub is 80mph.

Last edited by a moderator:
Metrolinx has sent out a notice about PICs for electrification.

uSOrp0V.png

Huh, are they not electrifying the UP line?

I thought it would be one of the first things to be electrified.

Back