News   May 01, 2024
 660     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 246     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 323     0 

Zanta says he's quitting Toronto, Moving to Brampton

The guy does pushups in the midle of the street, and when he decides to "amuse" little 4 year-olds with his banter and grunts the frozen smiles on their mothers ain't right.

He's a phony, people should be able to interact with crazies as a matter of choice. If you want to see an authentic oddball check out the chess player at Yonge & Dundas. He's terrific.

Yes - it's too bad he's aggressively bats. From certain angles he can be quite comely.
If he were less loopy and inclined to make chittering noises, he might do wonders for the pastime of pushups.

If you want to see an authentic oddball check out the chess player at Yonge & Dundas.

Yeah, that guy totally rocks! He used to camp out at the Square with his chessboard, but disappeared for a few months, and now is on the opposite side across from the H&M. He draws in a lot of crowds. I saw him lose a game recently to some teenager from Brazil. The deal is you pay money to challenge him at chess, but if he loses, he still gets to keep the money anyways.

Yeah, he's back with his cheap hand drawn signs. I wonder if he is in front of H&M because security has banned him from the actual Dundas Square site?

It's also nice to see the "Jesus saves" guy back in front of the (former Gap) XXI Forever store. He was missing for a while too.

There is an ancient, sloth-like man who stands impassively on the north side of Bloor, just west of Bay, outside one of the stores. A more low key eccentric.

So Zanta is back downtown, and not doing children's daytime theatre to promote push-ups in Brampton?

There is an ancient, sloth-like man who stands impassively on the north side of Bloor, just west of Bay, outside one of the stores. A more low key eccentric.

Is that the guy who stands in front of Holts and sometimes moans like the Elephant Man? Not to be confused with the Fisher Price xylophone player who is sometimes in front of the Gap next door.

The Shakey Lady downtown is still my favourite.

I call him Slow Morris. He's about seventy, thin, wears a raincoat and a pained expression, hardly moves, sits a small bag on the sidewalk beside him and sometimes holds up and listens to a radio. Looks like Rudolf Hess. He stands outside Gap Kids. After I'd been to the ROM last Sunday afternoon he showed up for duty at 5:50.

Is that the guy who stands in front of Holts and sometimes moans like the Elephant Man? Not to be confused with the Fisher Price xylophone player who is sometimes in front of the Gap next door.

The Shakey Lady downtown is still my favourite.

Didn't the Shaky Lady flee her gig upon being exposed by the Sun?

I call him Slow Morris. He's about seventy, thin, wears a raincoat and a pained expression, hardly moves, sits a small bag on the sidewalk beside him and sometimes holds up and listens to a radio. Looks like Rudolf Hess. He stands outside Gap Kids. After I'd been to the ROM last Sunday afternoon he showed up for duty at 5:50.

A delight. I really hope this heralds the return of Classic Babel, whose posts of this nature I enjoyed so very much.

Back