News   Nov 18, 2019
 286     1 
News   Nov 18, 2019
 163     0 
News   Nov 18, 2019
 1.1K     5 

YRT/Viva Construction Thread (Rapidways, Terminals)

smallspy

Member Bio
Reaction score
My point is, many rail lines were shut down due to the ease of buses. So, it may not be directly bought out by them, but it was related to it.
And what does that have to do with the North Yonge Railways, exactly? None of that is applicable. It wasn't privately owned by the time of its demise. GM and Firestone had nothing to do with anything here.

Interesting to see a centreline MUP through a freeway interchange in Canada. That is an increasingly common configuration in the US.. first time I've seen it north of the border.

I'm interested to see how it actually feels to use as a pedestrian. They look rather.. concerning to use.. I feel this one may be better than most since the two inner most lanes are bus lanes without much traffic, which provides an additional buffer from traffic.

I'm most concerned about the crossings and extra travel time required by them to access it on either end.
I'm thinking the same as well. The couple that I have used in the US were spectacularly pedestrian un-friendly, despite their best efforts.

Dan

TransitBart

Member Bio
Reaction score
Interesting to see a centreline MUP through a freeway interchange in Canada. That is an increasingly common configuration in the US.. first time I've seen it north of the border.

I'm interested to see how it actually feels to use as a pedestrian. They look rather.. concerning to use.. I feel this one may be better than most since the two inner most lanes are bus lanes without much traffic, which provides an additional buffer from traffic.

I'm most concerned about the crossings and extra travel time required by them to access it on either end.
MUP =... My brain is struggling to decode this acronym.

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
SmartCentres Place Bus Terminal opens Sunday, November 3!

Woodbridge_Heights

Member Bio
Reaction score
VIVA Silver (Jane/Major Mackenzie) was to be in operation in 2018. I'm assuming the delay was in part due to the construction delay at VMC. Does anyone know what the new start time for this service will be?

Last edited:

Leo_Chan

Member Bio
Reaction score
VIVA Orange (Jane/Major Mackenzie) was to be in operation in 2018. I'm assuming the delay was in part due to the construction delay at VMC. Does anyone know what the new start time for this service will be?
Don’t you mean Viva Silver? I think it’s been delayed to 2024. What sucks is that YRT Route 4 will be shortened to the Vaughan Mackenzie Bus Terminal at Wonderland from Vaughan Mills Bus Terminal rather than extended to SmartCentres Place Bus Terminal at VMC.

Woodbridge_Heights

Member Bio
Reaction score
Don’t you mean Viva Silver? I think it’s been delayed to 2024. What sucks is that YRT Route 4 will be shortened to the Vaughan Mackenzie Bus Terminal at Wonderland from Vaughan Mills Bus Terminal rather than extended to SmartCentres Place Bus Terminal at VMC.
Oops yes I meant silver. Corrected

ViveleCanada

Member Bio
Reaction score
Small update with photos taken from Wednesday, October 23, 2019. The first image looks west from the western side of the MUP (Multi-Use Path) at the intersection of Highway 7 & Colossus Drive which has not opened yet. Seems they extended it further west to compensate for the loss of sidewalk on the south side of Highway 7 between Famous avenue and Colossus drive (You can see the lack of a sidewalk on the left side of the picture). The old sidewalk was terrible anyways, lots of memories from my teenage years of dodging traffic using the southbound on-ramp to the 400. The second shows they have installed a banner over the entrances to the MUP and more signage which should solve my earlier criticism of pedestrians mistaking it for a normal highway divider (though, they all look temporary in nature). Not sure why 2 transit lights is necessary for one bus lane though?

Leo_Chan

Member Bio
Reaction score
Small update with photos taken from Wednesday, October 23, 2019. The first image looks west from the western side of the MUP (Multi-Use Path) at the intersection of Highway 7 & Colossus Drive which has not opened yet. Seems they extended it further west to compensate for the loss of sidewalk on the south side of Highway 7 between Famous avenue and Colossus drive (You can see the lack of a sidewalk on the left side of the picture). The old sidewalk was terrible anyways, lots of memories from my teenage years of dodging traffic using the southbound on-ramp to the 400. The second shows they have installed a banner over the entrances to the MUP and more signage which should solve my earlier criticism of pedestrians mistaking it for a normal highway divider (though, they all look temporary in nature). Not sure why 2 transit lights is necessary for one bus lane though?View attachment 211573

View attachment 211574
All places with transit signals have two lights. It's for redundancy.