Mulberry is opening in Yorkdale.

http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/details.do?folderRsn=3282769

Building Application Status

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO ON M6A 2T9

Ward 15: Eglinton-Lawrence

Application#: 13 108226 BLD 00 BA Issued Date: Feb 1, 2013

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Interior alterations to fit out Unit #163B for Mulberry Retail Store - "Yorkdale"

BA Building Inspection Pt3
Inspection Tabuenca, Brenda Contact Info

Thank you so much, ACT7!

We'll be reporting on Mulberry in Yorkdale based on this post. We had no idea about this development. An UrbanToronto reader directed us to this information (if you check our Facebook Wall you'll notice this and other tips readers provide us), and we've referenced this page as our source in response. Thank you, everyone, and keep up the excellent informative work! :)

I would've liked to see all this activity take place in the city. This is so american. Places like Detroit and Dallas, with no nice downtowns have big malls with upscale stores.

I would've liked to see all this activity take place in the city. This is so american. Places like Detroit and Dallas, with no nice downtowns have big malls with upscale stores.

All regional malls are becoming clones of each other. Once you've been in one regional mall, you've been in them all.

I guess I like centralized cities. You live downtown, u shop downtown. Like London, Paris. But that's me!!

I guess I like centralized cities. You live downtown, u shop downtown. Like London, Paris. But that's me!!

I agree with you !

But you're pretty far off the mark, have you ever been the Chicago, New York ? There are many suburbs with high end shopping just like this !

Actually if anything you can argue Toronto lacked in this area (not that I minded).

Even true in London !

I agree with you !

But you're pretty far off the mark, have you ever been the Chicago, New York ? There are many suburbs with high end shopping just like this !

Actually if anything you can argue Toronto lacked in this area (not that I minded).

Even true in London !

Ur right taal...but most of these yorkdale stors do not have any presence n the city, whereas is the cities u mentioned, they all have downtown presence. Ted baker,mulberry, tory burch, ferragamo, etc...

Ur right taal...but most of these yorkdale stors do not have any presence n the city, whereas is the cities u mentioned, they all have downtown presence. Ted baker,mulberry, tory burch, ferragamo, etc...

That's a good point yea. Generally they're duplicated as opposed to only being located in the suburbs.

Last argument :), keep in mind Yorkdale is one of the best performing malls in North America bar none ! (I think the only competition comes from someone else in Canada [I think Vancouver, the Eaton Center, and some mall in Las Vegas]).

Let's not also forget that these retailers may just be opening in Yorkdale first with plans for further expansion, a la Burberry and Kate Spade. There are three huge spaces for lease on Bloor (FCUK, Tiffany, and Gap Kids) so it's very possible that some (i.e. Ferragamo) may land on Bloor in one of the spots. Not hinting at anything per se. Yorkdale has insane foot traffic and extremely high sales volume, so a mall like this is a safe way to get established while looking for further opportunities.

Comparing Toronto to Detroit and Dallas is a non-starter in my opinion. Detroit is a shithole and there is absolutely nothing "urban" about Dallas that is on the same scale as Toronto.

Plenty of flagships on Bloor Street--if you can afford them. If I saved up my pennies--oops--nickels I could probably afford a pair of socks at Holt Renfrew.

Back