News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 566     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 862     0 

Yonge Street, North York Streetscape Improvements

Any details available about the smart signals? I assume these can respond to changing demand in real time? Would be nice to have these installed for all major road reconstructions going forward.

Toronto city council voted on Dec. 17 to approve the "Reimagine Yonge" plan from Florence Avenue/Avondale Avenue to Hendon Avenue/Bishop Avenue. Its projected cost today is $61. mil. Assuming funding is procured, a complete environmental study report and 30-day public review period is expected for the project in Q2 of 2021, a detailed design would be completed in 2023–2025, and construction would begin in 2026. A slow time-line but it's moving ahead.
Here's the full story from BlogTo.

5 years from approval to starting construction is nuts.

Five years to design this thing and then another year before construction starts is absolutely baffling. WTF.

This city is a joke when it comes to building anything infrastructure related. To think we've gone from being a one-time envy of the world to now laughing stalk in a couple decades its pretty amazing.

Yet another potential project we can add to John Tory's never ending list of "approved but unfunded projects".

It would be helpful if you would get informed before going off on a rant. For the record, the plan is to rebuild Yonge Street after the ring roads are completed, as this is essential for managing traffic.

1608363139260.png

In the meantime, it would be great to see bike lanes installed on the remainder of Yonge Street, so that this project would be well connected to the rest of the cycling network by the time it's done. There is plenty of time.

Not sure where else to ask this. Does anyone know why Google Maps identifies Yonge as Highway 1?

Does anyone Know if there is any plan to extend Doris Ave north through the Finch parking lot and connect with the new road for M2M that will be go up to Wedgewood Dr? I'm worried that all the Traffic will be pushed to the extended Beecroft Ave instead of balancing the two out.

Does anyone Know if there is any plan to extend Doris Ave north through the Finch parking lot and connect with the new road for M2M that will be go up to Wedgewood Dr? I'm worried that all the Traffic will be pushed to the extended Beecroft Ave instead of balancing the two out.

So far as I know, not the plan.

This was the last working discussion with which I am familiar:

1615453280587.png

To see a more comprehensive view of the road network plans in the area, look here:

This is what I see. That will do least amount of damage to the Neighbourhood. If you don't want a stop sign or stop light, then you can put a round about in.
CONCEPT.PNG

Last edited:
This is what I see. That will do least amount of damage to the Neighbourhood. If you don't want a stop sign or stop light, then you can put a round about in. View attachment 305122

Share your thoughts with the local Councillor and with City Transportation.

Back