News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 398     0 

(Yonge) Dundas Square comes of age - Does it need a new name?

Dundas Square in Hong Kong (took this photo when I was there in March)... our little square is getting famous!

3346129880_02058605c2_b.jpg

I have always called it Dundas Square...and always will. The only thing I do agree on is changing the Toronto Life Square name. Don't even name is. Is the big billboard tower in Times Square have a name. I don't think so. It's called 1 Times Square. We need to bring Dundas Square closer to Times Square.

ALREADY DONE:
- TV Station (CityTv)
- Billboards
- Jumbotrons

NEEDS:
- Broadway Shows
- More outside stores (to the left if your looking at CityTV)
- more EVERYDAY entertainment
- Merge the Toronto Life Square and Yonge-Dundas Square to Dundas Square

GET RIDE OF:
Fountains
The name of "Toronto Life Square" (Very confusing)

We need to bring Dundas Square closer to Times Square.

Maybe...although wouldn't it be nice if the Toronto square had its own unique identity? I don't think we want to just copy Times Square...

welcome to UT btw, dev...........:)

I have always called it Dundas Square...and always will. The only thing I do agree on is changing the Toronto Life Square name. Don't even name is. Is the big billboard tower in Times Square have a name. I don't think so. It's called 1 Times Square. We need to bring Dundas Square closer to Times Square.

ALREADY DONE:
- TV Station (CityTv)
- Billboards
- Jumbotrons

NEEDS:
- Broadway Shows
- More outside stores (to the left if your looking at CityTV)
- more EVERYDAY entertainment
- Merge the Toronto Life Square and Yonge-Dundas Square to Dundas Square

GET RIDE OF:
Fountains
The name of "Toronto Life Square" (Very confusing)

It's alright to be inspired by Times Square, but there's no point in imitating it. Why get rid of the fountains? They're enjoyed by kids and for the cooling effect. They also add interest to the streetscape.

Yonge has several theatres, various street performers and hundreds of individual stores fronting it already.

Last edited:
It's alright to be inspired by Times Square, but there's no point in imitating it. Why get rid of the fountains? They're enjoyed by kids and for the cooling effect. They also add interest to the streetscape.

Yonge has several theatres, various street performers and hundreds of individual stores fronting it already.

hmmm good point. idk i never liked fountiains. just thought they were cheap looking. but now that you tell me all this...maybe i take what i said back lol

hmmm good point. idk i never liked fountiains. just thought they were cheap looking. but now that you tell me all this...maybe i take what i said back lol

Check them out at night, you'll like them.

Well, it's on the south side of the street, so naturally, it would have an odd street number.

(Was that a joke post?)

Well, it's on the south side of the street, so naturally, it would have an odd street number.

(Was that a joke post?)

1 Dundas East is too logical. It would be something like "277 Yonge Street"

Last edited:

Back