News   Sep 26, 2024
 1.1K     3 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 674     0 

YO! MISSISSAUGA!

• Thread starter The Mississauga Muse
  • Start date
Ganjavih:
a following that is almost cult-like and has no tolerance for criticism of the great leader
Doady:
Seriously now, I will remove the pics eventually, but the point had to be made.
I'm neither Jewish nor German and I found what you posted to be quite offensive. Have you heard of Godwin's Law?

Now, while I do not agree with much of her politics, nor the fact that she has run virturally unopposed, nor naming or renaming things after living politicans in office, but she's what, 85 years old and capable and probably for the most part good for Mississauga? She is deserving of some respect. (Can't believe I said that!)

*Edits for content and addition*

Please Remove the Pictures

I am going to strongly ask that the member, or if no action is taken the moderators, to remove those pictures immediately from this forum.

Mayor McCallion is a close personal friend of mine and I find the images offensive.

Louroz

Re: Please Remove the Pictures

Moderators:

These photographs are highly offensive, and should be removed. Regardless of feelings regarding Mayor McCallion or Mississauga politics, this is way over the top.

Hi, doady. You wrote:

I don't agree much with what has been said in this thread so far. The Mississauga News a mouthpiece of the city? I read every issue and I haven't seen much bias in this newspaper.

Go back to the last two weeks leading up to the November 13th election. Having said that, The Mississauga News does have people prepared to make the tough noises. I respect that.

But Rogers... that's a different story. Whoa, they don't even bother to hide their Corporate Blue. They broadcast right from mississauga.ca. Kind of like how it wouldn't surprise me to see FOX NEWS broadcast from whitehouse.gov.

You wrote:

Should they start a new column dedicated to bashing Hazel McCallion like the Toronto Star did for David Miller? They are owned by the same company, perhaps some arrangement can be made.

Speaking just for myself, I don't want ANYone bashed. That's not what a newspaper is about. I expect it to inform and inform honestly and with some depth. Fairness is all.

You wrote:

And really now, is McCallion the only one complaining about the GTA pooling arrangement? The whole 905 has been complaining about this and they along with Toronto have been complaining about lack of funding for health and social service costs from the province since Mike Harris. So why are people singling out Hazel McCallion?

Face it. When you think 905, who do you think of? McCallion. She's a GIANT. If Mississauga decides not to go along with something, there's a huge chunk out of the 905 train-to-anywhere.

I'm relieved you'll be taking the pics down, doady. Thanks.

untitled-1.jpg

I guess the pictures got removed. I never saw the offending ones. Or are people talking about the "Great Leader" Korean ones?

Back