X - The Condominium (Great Gulf Homes) - Real Estate -

SS is the defacto standard and not having it will definitely affect resale. As for laminate vs. hardwood, in a condo, I'd go with good laminate any day of the week. I had walnut laminate in my last condo and it was awesome and in my previous one I had hardwood and the noise transference issues were large, plus, if you ever have a party, be prepared to ask all the ladies to take off their heels as it will completely destroy the hardwood. I entertained only a few times a year, and in only 2 years, the hardwood was dimpled beyond salvation.

Thanks Simuls. I have been asking friends and a few people about laminate vs hardwood; they all have the same view as you. I don't care if it is laminate as long as it looks like hardwood.

Hi ..is it just me or has the last message Dt geek posted with those excellent photos (with the balconies and railings etc) moved or been deleted? Thank you

Hi Xboys:

Those pics are in the project and construction forum under The X Condominium thread. I agree, those pics were Xcellent.

What is the value of builder upgrades?

SS is the defacto standard and not having it will definitely affect resale. As for laminate vs. hardwood, in a condo, I'd go with good laminate any day of the week. I had walnut laminate in my last condo and it was awesome and in my previous one I had hardwood and the noise transference issues were large, plus, if you ever have a party, be prepared to ask all the ladies to take off their heels as it will completely destroy the hardwood. I entertained only a few times a year, and in only 2 years, the hardwood was dimpled beyond salvation.

from my experience you'll gain a bit from SS or HW, but it's never a deal breaker.

from personal experience ... I would not choose a unit with stainless steel appliances due to the maintenance factor (ie: finger prints) ... my preference would instead be brushed aluminum appliances to achieve the metallic look absent the finger prints, or alternatively black applicances for a sleek look while saving some costs

Stock Photo: Modern Kitchen with brushed aluminum appliances.
stock-photo-modern-kitchen-with-brushed-aluminum-appliances-14157703.jpg

Black Applicances @ Tridel's Ultra Olvation, Mississauga
IMG_5929.JPG

Thanks all for your feedback. The black appliances actually look pretty good in these pics!

I dont mind black, as long as it's black ceramic/glass... though those tend to be very expensive.

On a side note, -I guess Great Gulf isnt the only one to use Amana appliances.

are you referring to ceran glass top stoves?
i thought those were standard these days vs. the old coil tops.

who else is using Amana?

are you referring to ceran glass top stoves?
i thought those were standard these days vs. the old coil tops.

who else is using Amana?

No, not talking about the ceramic glass cooktops. I was talking about things like :
JFC2089HPYBuiltIn.jpg

I dont know... Personal preference of course, but I think matte black/white appliances are ugly.

The picture that Solaris posted is from Tridel, and I believe the Fridge, Range/Oven, and Microwave area all Amana.

No, not talking about the ceramic glass cooktops. I was talking about things like :

I dont know... Personal preference of course, but I think matte black/white appliances are ugly.

The picture that Solaris posted is from Tridel, and I believe the Fridge, Range/Oven, and Microwave area all Amana.

well matte black/white or s/s are the typical units for developers 'standard' finish. as with most things, you can pay to upgrade.

i thought Tridel's appliance package were Whirlpool?
btw, the handles on the bank of drawers don't look like they were installed properly ... looks like they are too low down.

Last edited:
from personal experience ... I would not choose a unit with stainless steel appliances due to the maintenance factor (ie: finger prints)

A little mineral oil cleans up any SS fingerprints in 2 secs and makes it look brand new. Ancient chinese secret :)

I have my design apt. on the weekend so I will make sure to take pictures! Plus I have discovered there are many items not featured on the design sheet I was supplied, i.e. kitchen island extention for breakfast bar $500.

Tridel uses Whirlpool for their appliances supplier for 'typical' projects

I have my design apt. on the weekend so I will make sure to take pictures! Plus I have discovered there are many items not featured on the design sheet I was supplied, i.e. kitchen island extention for breakfast bar $500.

What floor is your unit at and where did you get the design sheet?

Tridel uses Whirlpool for their appliances supplier for 'typical' projects

I'll take your word for it since I dont know much about Tridel, -but from that picture Whirlpool and Amana look almost identical (especially where the oval logo/badge is placed on the products)

Back