572     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 738     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 597     0 

Worst names for condo project

"Tell me when will you be mine...Won't you tell me Condo, Condo...!"

I kid you not.

Oh, GOD, yeah... I don't know how many times I've woken up to that one. I'm getting tired of having to ball up the sheets so the puke doesn't get all over the floor. Did someone get paid for writing that, or slapped?

The convention-hall annex to the Harbour Castle was (is?!?) known as the World Trade Centre, believe it or not.

Of course, nobody knew the connotations the name would have--though I still get my kicks out of referring to the Twin Towers of the World Trade Centre. (Yeah, it's doubly unfortunate that there *are* two towers.)

Nevertheless, not a bad condo complex for its c1990 time (by Zeidler, if I'm not mistaken)

Wasn't the World Trade Centre supposed to be built? (Only the residential phase ever was). Both were designed by Zeidler. I guess The Residences of the WTC just assumed the name of the largest complex that never came to be...

Does anyone remember the jingle for Zip Condos in Liberty Village?

And while we're on great project names, let us not forget the Mysterious Eyesore on Jarvis

Didnt read the whole thread... so not sure if anyone mentioned Jazz? I guess the name wouldnt be so bad if the building actually represented that theme in any way. Its such a plain and disappointing lump from every angle...

Frank Gehry has been quoted as saying, "I believe the design of Walt Disney concert Hall suggests music ..." so perhaps there's a wing of it that specifically suggests "jazz"?

The convention-hall annex to the Harbour Castle was (is?!?) known as the World Trade Centre, believe it or not.

Of course, nobody knew the connotations the name would have--though I still get my kicks out of referring to the Twin Towers of the World Trade Centre. (Yeah, it's doubly unfortunate that there *are* two towers.)

Nevertheless, not a bad condo complex for its c1990 time (by Zeidler, if I'm not mistaken)

Actually, the World Trade Centre was a combo office-condo project, but the office towers fell through after the 90s crash.

...which were where the Pinnacle Centre is currently rising.

I heard it was the first stage in a reciprocal name-swap twinning agreement between the two cities, that will eventually divert the world's attention to the city formerly known as Mississauga.

I always think of this thread when passing by that apartment building named "Elmer" over where King bends t/w Roncy

"Malibu", "The Palm", "New York Towers", "Rockefeller Condos", "Milan Condos"... it's getting too silly. How do these developers keep a straight face when they sign off on these projects with the marketers?

Back