News   Apr 17, 2024
 252     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 269     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.7K     1 

Woodbine Centre

This mall is a lost cause, with a slumlord owner to boot. I don't think a renovation can turn it around, and I doubt that full scale redevelopment with a forest of condo towers will be viable in this isolated, boring area until transit connections to the rest of the city are vastly improved. The new GO station will help a little bit, but it will need a lot more help than that. Once the Finch LRT is finished to Humber College north of here, it really should be extended south along the 27/427 corridor at least to Eglinton to link up with the Crosstown. Some BRT should be built as well, maybe along Albion and possibly along Rexdale Blvd.

I predict once they finish Finch LRT , the last stop Humber College station will get extended with 3 more stops Humber College station ->HWY 27/Queens plate drive->HWY 27/Rexdale Blvd ->Woodbine GO Station final stop , then the owners will sell or redevelop the land big time with Condos etc... , just imagine 2 stops on LRT and 20mins on GO Train from Woodbine station to Union Station and your right downtown Toronto

also for a boring area , pre covid rents were $1900-1950/mth 1 bedroom and selling for $425-450K so the demand is there

Last edited:
I predict once they finish Finch LRT , the last stop Humber College station will get extended with 3 more stops Humber College station ->HWY 27/Queens plate drive->HWY 27/Rexdale Blvd ->Woodbine GO Station final stop , then the owners will sell or redevelop the land big time with Condos etc... , just imagine 2 stops on LRT and 20mins on GO Train from Woodbine station to Union Station and your right downtown Toronto

also for a boring area , pre covid rents were $1900-1950/mth 1 bedroom and selling for $425-450K so the demand is there

Home prices don't say much - even the most garbage neighbourhoods in Toronto are expensive now by default.

Some vision is required. The site is attractive with a GO station, proximity to employment, and proximity to two major education centres (Humber College and York University) and another two easily connected by GO (UofT and Ryerson).

It is up to the right developer to deliver that vision for a mixed-use community, and for some municipal/provincial leaders to deliver Finch West extension to Woodbine.

I know getting Line 6 to YYZ has been talked about, but even getting it to Woodbine's new GO station could easily serve the airport too if the UPX stops there in the future. And it probably should considering it already stops at other higher-order transit connections - Line 2 (Bloor) and Line 5 (Mount Dennis). Weston being an exception.

Woodbine went from having 5 anchors stores in 2010 (the bay, zellers, Sears, rainbow cinemas, sportscheck.) To one (The bay) in 2020. That's a huge decrease when you think about it.

i found this review on google maps,

J. M. Ziadeh
Local Guide · 26 reviews · 13 photos
13 hours ago-
An outdated and run down mall that is long past the point of saving.

- Most of the name brand stores left over a decade ago and were replaced with shady, low quality liquidation outlets.

- The food court is an eyesore with its mishmash of different chairs and tables cobbled together.

- Watch out for the soda deals at Shop A Lot (former Zellers on the lower level). All of which are expired along with the canned foods.

- Movie goers may also be disappointed as I've also heard that Imagine Cinemas has also recently left the Woodbine, too.

At one point in time, the Woodbine Centre was Rexdale's best shopping mall. Nowadays, the only thing going for the mall is its Fantasy Fair.

(This pretty much sums up woodbine mall, which is sad & Westwood mall is beating woodbine in-terms of renos and stores)

i found this review on google maps,

J. M. Ziadeh
Local Guide · 26 reviews · 13 photos
13 hours ago-
An outdated and run down mall that is long past the point of saving.

- Most of the name brand stores left over a decade ago and were replaced with shady, low quality liquidation outlets.

- The food court is an eyesore with its mishmash of different chairs and tables cobbled together.

- Watch out for the soda deals at Shop A Lot (former Zellers on the lower level). All of which are expired along with the canned foods.

- Movie goers may also be disappointed as I've also heard that Imagine Cinemas has also recently left the Woodbine, too.

At one point in time, the Woodbine Centre was Rexdale's best shopping mall. Nowadays, the only thing going for the mall is its Fantasy Fair.

(This pretty much sums up woodbine mall, which is sad & Westwood mall is beating woodbine in-terms of renos and stores)
Even the Hudson's Bay location looks dated compared to other renovated locations. I went to the mall pre-COVID and it looked like an ghost town.

Thanks for sharing my review!

If they can, I'd like to nominate Kade for more Woodbine photo taking. We need a man on the inside to see what's going on.

Thanks for sharing my review!

If they can, I'd like to nominate Kade for more Woodbine photo taking. We need a man on the inside to see what's going on.
thanks for the shoutout. you should just go to Westwood square mall, it's much better

This is what Woodbine Mall promised. (Chris (Issa) Hinn) where is it

image0.jpeg

Back