86     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 1K     1 

Woodbine Centre

this is what woodbine mall looks like in march of 2020

308951_lI356zMCifxSe-ohoAzdQQmNy5ydfhJl0cUxatB_FtY.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Maggiano's is still not open. I was aiming for a joke.

Taken from the entrance leading towards the food court on the upper level. To the right of the photo used to be a Shoppers Drug Mart.

One change my father and I still complain about is the movie marquee that is visible from the parking lot leading into Woodbine Mall from this viewpoint. When the current cinema location was run by Rainbow Cinemas (and perhaps Cineplex Odeon before them), you could see what movies were playing at any given time from the convenience of your vehicle. Sadly, not anymore.

Speaking of malls that have gone through major changes over the decades (and a mall that was created about 20 years before Woodbine), I may start a thread on The Albion Centre.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Maggiano's is still not open. I was aiming for a joke.

Taken from the entrance leading towards the food court on the upper level. To the right of the photo used to be a Shoppers Drug Mart.

One change my father and I still complain about is the movie marquee that is visible from the parking lot leading into Woodbine Mall from this viewpoint. When the current cinema location was run by Rainbow Cinemas (and perhaps Cineplex Odeon before them), you could see what movies were playing at any given time from the convenience of your vehicle. Sadly, not anymore.

Speaking of malls that have gone through major changes over the decades (and a mall that was created about 20 years before Woodbine), I may start a thread on The Albion Centre.
you should start it! Albion mall is underrated as hell. With Woodbine, it could do better if shoppers drug mart was their and renovated it would save the mall since the mall is lacking a food market unlike Albion & Westwood square mall which has 1-2 food markets.

Here is the "woodbine mall's food court" / "New website"

The food court looks decent, what do you think of it.
WBC Food Court.png

The mismatched chairs and tables just scream "cheap". Probably more leftovers from Closeout King's inventory. Woodbine needs to be like other malls and stick to one theme for their food court.

Can't imagine how much Covid-19 is going to affect the stores in Woodbine.

On a related note, I also created a thread for the Albion Centre. In case anyone wants to reminisce or talk about Albion's renovations from over the years.

The mismatched chairs and tables just scream "cheap". Probably more leftovers from Closeout King's inventory. Woodbine needs to be like other malls and stick to one theme for their food court.

On a related note, I also created a thread for the Albion Centre. In case anyone wants to reminisce or talk about Albion's renovations from over the years.
whats the link to your thread

whats the link to your thread

Here's the link to the new thread about Albion Mall:

yea the chairs is something, if they had one style of chairs, paint the drywall, and renovate the washrooms, and this could be one of the best food courts in Canada.

The top 3 malls around that area:

Albion Mall (Toronto)
Woodbine Mall (Rexdale, Toronto)
Westwood Square Mall (Malton, Mississauga)

Choose your pick, and why you like or dislike it & what it could improve on.

Back