News   Apr 26, 2024
 202     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 167     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 602     0 

Woodbine Centre

In case you guys missed it, a clock store from the Woodbine Centre was also put up for auction:

https://www.benaco.ca/coming-soon-complete-clock-store-inventory-and-parts/

View attachment 350124

How did the owner of Woodbine Mall get hold of this shop's inventory? Is it possible he just increased the rent one month and then when the shop couldn't pay it he just confiscated everything? Clocks Unlimited was one of the last original stores in the mall left standing, but unexpectedly closed last year.

How did the owner of Woodbine Mall get hold of this shop's inventory? Is it possible he just increased the rent one month and then when the shop couldn't pay it he just confiscated everything? Clocks Unlimited was one of the last original stores in the mall left standing, but unexpectedly closed last year.

i was just watching CP24 - Vaccine Clinc opens up inside Woodbine Mall , get the vaccine shot and receive 20% at the Bay (store inside woodbine) lol...
they should also give you a free clock from clock store hahaha..

If you get your second dosage, you have a 1 in 5 chance of winning a trip to an undisclosed location next to Disney Land!

No purchase necessary.Some restrictions apply.Visiting the Woodbine Centre is necessary. Shoppers are recommended to apply restrictions when visiting the Woodbine Centre.
Must be a legal resident of the united states of Canada.
Winner receives two (1+1=2) tickets to an undisclosed location close to a Walt Disney Theme Park destination.Tickets inside
Walt Disney Theme Park
are not included with the associated prize package. Contest winner's safety is not guaranteed at undisclosed location. See Maggiano's associate for more details.
Contest not open to related retailers,employees at Yorkdale Mall or members of the Urban Toronto community.My mall isn't a hell hole.

Last edited:
Maybe Zellers will return to the Woodbine Centre and save the mall from closing down... ;)

Edit: Now that I think about it, they did recently close off a large section inside of Hudson Bay in Woodbine, and a sign said that renovations were coming. I wonder if they are preparing to open a Zellers within the store.

Last edited:
Zellers hasn't left the Woodbine Centre. Just go to Shop-A-Lot (lower level). Some of the items still have Zellers price tags on them.

You can't get more nostalgic than that.

Last edited:
Edit: Now that I think about it, they did recently close off a large section inside of Hudson Bay in Woodbine, and a sign said that renovations were coming.
💡
20210925_224610.png

link below to full story

Looks like Value Village, National Thrift and Salvation Army are set to have some competition.

Has anyone visited Woodbine's Amazon/Walmart refusal stores (located on the upper level - Zellers and lower level - arcade)?

Last edited:
A few things that I noticed from yesterday's visit to the Woodbine Centre :

* A large portion of the chairs and tables from the food court are gone.
Probably the first items to be liquidated.

* If you want to sit at the tables in the food court that are still available, you have to
provide your second dose receipt.

The area that is available is sealed off with a security guard in the middle of the food court.

* Woodbine Cinemas has been opened up.
And is being gutted out.

* Shop-A-Lot has a great deal on Del Monte canned fruit.
That was best before Jan 2021.

The Fantasy Fair is still in operation?
People were coming and going. The sounds of rides could be heard in the background.
The area wasn't closed off. Unless it was all an illusion...I was too scared to find out.

You can buy men's Leather Belts for $5 at the Amazon Refuse Centre (downstairs).
But you'd have to agree to visit the Woodbine Centre first....huh.

There was a chinese grocery truck parked outside the upper level Zellers.
Maybe it was just a coincidence. I thought the area was becoming a Doctor's Office.
The large glass windows certainly look like the type you'd see at a grocery store.
If so, get ready for Woodbine's first Asian Supermarket.

Last edited:

* If you want to sit at the tables in the food court that are still available, you have to

The area that is available is sealed off with a security guard in the middle of the food court.

And is being gutted out.

People were coming and going. The sounds of rides could be heard in the background.
The area wasn't closed off. Unless it was all an illusion...I was too scared to find out.

You can buy men's Leather Belts for $5 at the Amazon Refuse Centre (downstairs).

Maybe it was just a coincidence. I thought the area was becoming a Doctor's Office.
The large glass windows certainly look like the type you'd see at a grocery store.

The fair was indeed open when I visited last Friday. The food court seats might have been removed for social distancing requirements, rather than liquidation.

Maybe Zellers will return to the Woodbine Centre and save the mall from closing down... ;)

Edit: Now that I think about it, they did recently close off a large section inside of Hudson Bay in Woodbine, and a sign said that renovations were coming. I wonder if they are preparing to open a Zellers within the store.

why would they renovate woodbine mall? even the Bay?

And is being gutted out.

i thought woodbine mall was shutting down?

I'm interested to see what "Woodbine Cinemas" (formerly Imagine Cinemas) is going to become. The Pandemic killed off any interest
for another movie theatre company to step in. Which wouldn't matter now anyway since the owner just auctioned off the movie seats,
film projectors, sound systems and popcorn machine.

Back