News   May 01, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 314     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 353     0 

Windermere by The Lake (Cresford, 28s + towns, pellow + associates)

The tower looks great, but the base and townhomes at the bottom are terrible.

The tower looks great, but the base and townhouses at the bottom are terrible.
the townhouses east and west of windermere are BY FAR the best looking townhouses in west Toronto .... they are much more appealing and have nicer building materials than the townhouses near grand avenue, near queensway & islington and definitely nicer than the homes on Sudbury St ... i personally like the CONTRAST between design of the condo tower and townhouses

Just a note to say that the thread title has finally been updated to credit the architects, pellow + associates for the design here. I've always quite liked this tower.

At the east end of the townhouse site here—the southwest corner of The Queensway and Ellis Avenue—Cresford had its sales centre for years. Not only did they sell the Windermere by the Lake project from here, they sold NXT and NXT2 on the other side of Windermere. After at least a dozen years, maybe 15, the sales centre is gone, and apparently, this neglected little piece of land is becoming a park. I don't know if this is to be a POPS or if it will be handed over to the City, but here's what it looks like now:

IMG_2711.jpg
IMG_2713.jpg
IMG_2715.jpg

Kitty corner from this at Ellis and the Queensway is the southwest corner of High Park. Through the underpass in the image above, you come out to Sunnyside and Sir Cazimir Gzowski parks.

Attachments

• IMG_2711.jpg
    IMG_2711.jpg
    465.4 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_2713.jpg
    IMG_2713.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_2715.jpg
    IMG_2715.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 374
Not sure when it opened; it's open now. Earlier this evening:

DSC04633.jpg
DSC04635.jpg

That last photo makes it look pretty scrappy. It's a nice enough space, with some things still needed to be finished, liked the railings over the daylighted creek (which takes West Pond* water out to the lake).

* small pond west of Grendier Pond and Ellis Avenue.

Attachments

• DSC04633.jpg
    DSC04633.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 420
  • DSC04635.jpg
    DSC04635.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 384
It's a very short stretch, and a small park overall, but I like the gesture.

Love the gesture, mostly because I know that even the smallest gesture of this variety will be more than appreciated for a good percentage of area kids. And many adults too. Seeing rivers flowing into or out of man-made tunnels... hard to find something cooler than that.

Back