News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 407     0 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

Hey Xponis,

I checked my HVAC panel last night and there is a blinking red light. It's behind another little panel though so I can't even see it unless I open the larger panel on the wall first. At least we know that's supposed to be there because my heat has been working. I hope I haven't just jinxed myself! LOL!

Agreed, Tarion will probably know me by first name....not sure I can trust anyone from this builder right now but I will ask the question if i get a chance....It seems like they are misinformed on a lot of things. My 30 day form will be quite large as I have many, many issues with my unit...

Update on heat....they went in to fix but cant seem to figure out what the problem is even though on Friday they said they knew what it was and ordered the parts to fix it, or thats what they just told me and waited until today to have the HVAC people come in and look at it..or there was more than one issue with my HVAC.not sure but another night without heat for me!!! or just the portable heater....

It might be, but those big ones we already know :) it shows a little more information so saves time to walk around neighbourhood to find stores.
Are we able to use gas stove/dryer? I thought it is not possible, as gas is included in the maintenance. If that's the case, I should be using gas stove and dryer to lower my electricity fee :p
During PDI I do not see any gas outlet in kitchen or in laundry area :)

Very interesting! Thanks Marco.

Did you notice that nothing from the Eglinton Town Centre or the Walmart show up on the "local info" tab? I think it may be a little outdated.

Hey guys, anyone can provide a picture of the interior? I'm interested to see how their workmanship is like and I think this project's been starved of new updated pictures as of late :p

I went by the building again today. Has anyone felt the elevator voice lady sounding pretty angry when announcing the floors?

Hey Xponis,

I checked my HVAC panel last night and there is a blinking red light. It's behind another little panel though so I can't even see it unless I open the larger panel on the wall first. At least we know that's supposed to be there because my heat has been working. I hope I haven't just jinxed myself! LOL!

Thanks for verifying Bloomingsmurf....i hope you havent either!!

I think it's just heating...

I don't remember gas stoves being an option...

I think bruizeman is correct....If I remember correctly when picking my upgrades I asked Norstar if they could run a gas line to my balcony and how much a gas stove upgrade would be....they said they were not going to run any gas lines into the individual units for appliances so it wasnt an option

Hello all,

Was wondering if anyone can provide insight to the installation of the dishwasher and washer/dryer. Though we paid Appliance Canada for the installation, we have been hearing conflicting reports that the builder should have installed free of charge. Simillar to installing carpets in our units - we shouldn't expect to pay for the installation of carpets, right?

I understand this issue was raised before - sorry for the repost, just wanted to get a better picture as to who is responsible for the installion. I spoked with our lawyer and they are telling me there is nothing in the contract that clearly states who should pay for the installation.

Thanks for everyone's posts. This site is a great place to learn from each other!

Last edited:
Hello all,

Was wondering if anyone can provide insight to the installation of the dishwasher and washer/dryer. Though we paid Appliance Canada for the installation, we have been hearing conflicting reports that the builder should have installed free of charge. Simillar to installing carpets in our units - shouldn't expect to pay for the installation for carpets, right?

I understand this issue was raised before - sorry for the repost, just wanted to get a better picture as to who is responsible for the installion. I spoked with our lawyer and they are telling me there is nothing in the contract that clearly states who should pay for the installation.

Thanks for everyone's posts. This site is a great place to learn from each other!

Hi Sea2sky,

You should immediately call Alexandra, the condo building manager. On the day of our occupancy, Alexandra asked us to confirm the delivery of our appliances with her so that she could schedule an installation appointment with Tony (the PDI gentleman) and have one of his crew do the appliance install. Our washer & dryer was installed on a Tuesday, after I confirmed with her the day before that it was delivered over the weekend.

Once she confirms with you that the installations will be done free of charge, you can go back to Appliance Canada to request a refund on the installation fees. We had no idea that Norstar would be doing the installation for us until we took occupancy of the unit. We were prepared to hire a plumber / handyman to do the work for us.

Norstar was very direct and up front about not being responsible for the appliance installations, as per the letter that came with the appliance coupons. My opinion is that it has become a "goodwill" gesture on their part, probably because there were so many grumblings and complaints from owners about this issue. They could have saved us all a lot of grief by having offered to do the installtions, free of charge, from the very beginning.

One last note - Norstar will only install the standard appliances, so if you bought an upgraded washer & dryer or dishwasher, then you're on your own for the installation.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Nels is right,but as long as there all from appliance Canada,but the backlog is almost a week for someone to come, appliance Canada delivery men said we don't get paid enough to do it...lol

Anyone have there number in the call system yet?

Nels is right,but as long as there all from appliance Canada,but the backlog is almost a week for someone to come, appliance Canada delivery men said we don't get paid enough to do it...lol

Anyone have there number in the call system yet?

Hey OEW,
How did your move go? Smoothly, I hope :)

I got my # programmed into the intercom system - Alexandra did this for me within a day of my request.

Well, I'm sure everyone has heard about that water pipe burst in the condo at Living Arts (Mississauga town centre). Let's hope that never happens to us...

Back