News   May 31, 2024
 1.1K     9 
News   May 31, 2024
 3.9K     2 
News   May 31, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

I think heating and cooling are included in maintenance fee costs. Regardless, has anyone taken a close look at their paperwork on interim closing. Upon purchasing I was given a monthly amount that I was told would be locked in for 1 year. The revised budget I was given shows an increase of $12 per month. The breakdown of the occupancy cost I will be paying shows that maintenance fees are a further $31 above this amount. This amounts to a 22% increase over the monthly fees I was originally guaranteed for a year and I haven't even moved in yet.

kooch

I noticed this as wel,l Kooch. I thought I had made a mistake though. Sigh! Nice to know we can always count on Norstar to disappoint.

On another note, we have hot water now. Maybe Xponis can sleep in the bathtub until Norstar decides to give him some heat! Pathetic.

I think heating and cooling are included in maintenance fee costs. Regardless, has anyone taken a close look at their paperwork on interim closing. Upon purchasing I was given a monthly amount that I was told would be locked in for 1 year. The revised budget I was given shows an increase of $12 per month. The breakdown of the occupancy cost I will be paying shows that maintenance fees are a further $31 above this amount. This amounts to a 22% increase over the monthly fees I was originally guaranteed for a year and I haven't even moved in yet.

kooch

I was expecting the actual maint. fees to be higher than the developer estimate. Most developers give an overly optimistic fee projection.

But at least we are beneficiaries of the maint. fee.

Xponis,
How is the heat situation?

I can lend you an electric baseboard heater if your heat pump is still out of order. Let me know.

Regarding the maintenance fees - yes, whatever happened to the "guaranteed" 24 cents per sq foot rate???? By my own calcutation, our portion of the "rent" covering the maintenance fees is closer to 30 cents / sq ft. Promises, promises....

Xponis,
How is the heat situation?

I can lend you an electric baseboard heater if your heat pump is still out of order. Let me know.

Regarding the maintenance fees - yes, whatever happened to the "guaranteed" 24 cents per sq foot rate???? By my own calcutation, our portion of the "rent" covering the maintenance fees is closer to 30 cents / sq ft. Promises, promises....

Hi Nels_TO,

Thanks for the offer, I'm glad I have great neighbours! Although I was originally told that the HVAC was not fixed, I got home and it was working!!! and I have hot water!! It was an exciting day receiving heat and hot water yesterday. I did still see the red light blinking in behind the panel. Has anyone else noticed this or can check their unit? Should it always be be blinking? You can really see it at night and its noticable in the top right corner behind the panel after you open the door. I will see what the builder say's as well.

Hi Nels_TO,

Thanks for the offer, I'm glad I have great neighbours! Although I was originally told that the HVAC was not fixed, I got home and it was working!!! and I have hot water!! It was an exciting day receiving heat and hot water yesterday. I did still see the red light blinking in behind the panel. Has anyone else noticed this or can check their unit? Should it always be be blinking? You can really see it at night and its noticable in the top right corner behind the panel after you open the door. I will see what the builder say's as well.

You're very welcome, xponis. Glad to hear you've got heat & hot water!!

I never noticed a red blinking light before - I'll look more closely.

Hey guys can someone tell me why norstar is asking for 12 post dated cheques?

And anyone know if mango3 has moved in?

And for the people that are in,can you go to the rooftop? And anything new? Both elevators working?

Hey OEW,
That's standard procedure with interim closing for condos. It's a pain to write a dozen cheques, but Norstar will return to you the unused cheques once the condo is registered. Let's hope we all get at least half of them back !

It's pretty standard. The "renting" phase usually lasts between 6 and 12 months. Since we're dealing with Norstar, the surer bet would be 12.

No clue about Mango.

Both of the elevators are working. You can't go past the 4th floor yet so no word on how the rooftop is progressing.

And anyone know if mango3 has moved in?

And for the people that are in,can you go to the rooftop? And anything new? Both elevators working?

Hi everyone,

Finally got words from my lawyer, and got the paperwork done and signed, so I'll be expecting my keys next week. Thanks for all those information so I could have this process done less painful and less surprises. I'll see you all soon and we could all work together to make it a nice place to live in. Sorry to hear about all those heating and cold water issues, I'm glad now it is ok for all now.

It's pretty standard. The "renting" phase usually lasts between 6 and 12 months. Since we're dealing with Norstar, the surer bet would be 12.

No clue about Mango.

Both of the elevators are working. You can't go past the 4th floor yet so no word on how the rooftop is progressing.

Hey all I was talking to my mortage guy who's dealing with our beloved condo from td and all indications is July and august is when it's gonna be handed to the city and we can stop paying rent,but it's norstar so...

My lawyer told me today that since our condo isn't very high, typically it should close within 3 months (I certainly hope so!) and my mortgage guy told me similar. Hopefully we should be able to close it before August :).

Also my lawyer told me that usually they'll notify the final closing date about 2 weeks ahead, which is 10 working days.

Hey all I was talking to my mortage guy who's dealing with our beloved condo from td and all indications is July and august is when it's gonna be handed to the city and we can stop paying rent,but it's norstar so...

I just receive an email that someone is selling a dundas unit at Wilshire, information and pic below:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Available for sale the largest 2 bdr suite at the Wilshire on the Green (60 Fairfax). The unit comes with parking and locker, and numerous upgrades such as hardwood floor, crown mouldings, etc. Floor plan is attached. Occupancy is on April 17th. Asking price is $349,900.
image002.jpg

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 264
Hi Maple,
Things are moving along well. We haven't found many deficiencies with our unit, which was such a huge relief. They seemed to have corrected almost all of our items from our PDI.

Our maintence fees is supposed to cover:
1. water
2. gas
3. common area maintenance (eg, exercise room, internal & external cleaning, etc)
4. building insurance
5. a portion of it also goes towards a condo reserve fund (for future large repairs, other expenses)

Therefore, aside from your future mortgage payments and maintenance fees, we will have to pay for:
a) electricity (through "Enercare")
b) property taxes (after we officially own our units / the condo is registered)
c) your personal contents insurance (to protect you in case of theft, or damage from things like flooding accidents etc).

This about covers it.

hey to all who have moved in

what uses gas in our unit?

stove?
ac/heat?

or is the only gas the toxic gas from norstar....lol

Last edited:

Back