Will you be voting for or against David Miller in the 2010 election

Will you vote for David Miller in 2010?

• Yes

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 22 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^Had such a plan actually been in place and underway for five years, we'd have a new subway line.

I don't car who the pol is, I just don't understand the rejection of subway expansion.

maybe he can check out on how 200 million dollars is being spent to take care of like 10-20k street people.
???????????????? Why are you making up numbers? What is your motive?

I don't car who the pol is, I just don't understand the rejection of subway expansion.
It's a pretty simple concept. Subways cost a lot of money - and you get a lot more bang for your buck spending the same money on something that gives you a much bigger system. In addition the right-wing push to build subways in the less dense suburbs results in relatively underused lines, when something with less capacity would be suitable.

Miller seems to be pushing subways pretty hard though, supporting 3 major projects now - so I can see that this is a valid complaint against him.

Last edited:
A subway is a high volume system. It's efficient, fast and is off the street. The money invested is for a very long-term infrastructure. Over time it is a fantastic investment.

In addition the right-wing push to build subways in the less dense suburbs results in relatively underused lines, when something with less capacity would be suitable.

Right-wing? I guess you can't possibly believe that running a train line like a subway out to the suburbs is anything more than a huge right-wing conspiracy. Actually, GO is managed by guys who goose-step.

Anyway, some people think that Bloor West Village looks suburban - or the environs around Royal York. But there are subway stations out there being used. You can feed subway lines much the same way any fixed, high-volume transit line is fed by buses, etc.

Just so you know, what I'm promoting is a downtown relief line, not some imagined suburban line you are alluding to.

The system you get with LRT is slower and of smaller capacity, providing little incentive for development.

Miller is supporting two projects, and a third if the DRL is built. Only one of the three is as radical as a subway line solely in Toronto. And support for this is recent and not even pushed as a project of immediate importance.

Transit City. This is what happens when you get a mayor who combines his transportation policy with his social policy.

Last edited:
"Impeach" the mayor? Geez, honestly, at least the mayor understands the rule of law...I am not so sure about this bunch of so called petitioners.

AoD

ROTFL

Is that petition some kind of idiot test? If you sign it, then you're admitting you don't understand how the politics work in Canada? Impeachment is an American process, where the subject of the process is being tried for crimes. Even they don't impeach people because of policy decisions!

Is there another petition they all signed protesting about the failure of the Italian spaghetti crop this year?

The whole thing is a sick joke - I stopped paying attention after the "bunch of theives" comment. Come to think of it, I think whoever signed that particular petition should be stripped of the right to vote, given their obvious lack of understanding in both the English language and the political system. Can't we impeach these individuals?

AoD

I think that petition may have actually been started by a member of this site. I seem to recall an earlier discussion about it.

Attempting to impeach the mayor is as bad as Harper attempting to re-interpret parliamentary democracy using republican references.

Just that flaw that a person can sign as many times as he/she wants basically renders it void, even if the impeachment demand made sense in the first place.

I already mentioned that petition in this thread.

Back