News   Aug 09, 2024
 547     2 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 555     0 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 1.9K     2 

Who would you like to see win the 2016 US election?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new low (if that's possible) for the Trump campaign.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-father-fallen-soldier-ive-made-lot/story?id=41015051

In his first response to a searing charge from bereaved Army father Khizr Khan that he’d “sacrificed nothing” for his country, Donald Trump claimed that he had in fact sacrificed by employing “thousands and thousands of people.” He also suggested that Khan’s wife didn’t speak because she was forbidden to as a Muslim and questioned whether Khan’s words were his own.

And he has a good chance of becoming President. Why is this level of ignorance tolerated in this day and age?

The Trump ship, after hitting a very big iceberg, tries burning the lifeboats...

NQ1anpVf_normal.jpg
Daniel Dale@ddale8
1 hour ago
This sentence is more hilarious the more you read it.

Liam Stack@liamstack
Trump: Khizr Khan "has no right to stand in front of millions of people and claim I have never read the Constitution."

Sorry if I said it before but Trump MAKES me sooooooooooooooooo MAD!!!
Now he's talking bad about Muslim women! The idiot should get it through his thick privileged white skull that Muslim women are just as independent and emancipated as any other women! Muslims are very peaceful people, a lot more peaceful than these Christian fascists in America and Canada. Islam spread by peaceful means back in the 8th century! In fact no Muslim ever attacked any Christians or Christian lands unprovoked until the last 50 years! But then again it was because of centuries of Christian oppression! Read history Trump! Christian fascists have been oppressing peaceful Muslims for centuries in the Balkans, Spain, France, Italy and the Middle East! Of course they're going to fight back after so long!

Daniel Dale @ddale8
First two reputable post-convention polls: Clinton up 8 (CNN), Clinton up 7 (CBS), Trump stuck in the 30s.

Trump's post-RNC bump is gone and Clinton's is bigger.

Trump Claims America Should Never Have Given Canada Its Independence
From link.
Trump-Claims-America-Should-Never-Have-Given-Canada-Its-Independence.jpg

DONALD J. Trump has told Fox and Friends that he believes the U.S. “should never have allowed” Canada to gain independence. The republican candidate for president freely admits to being “a little rusty” on Canadian history, but feels confident that the United States owned Canada “at some point”, and claims giving it back was a “major mistake”.

The former reality tv star was responding to a question about Puerto Rico possibly becoming the 51st of the United States, when he made the statement. “It used to be 51 you know, when we had Canada,” Trump said, pointing to an American flag, “Or 52 if you count Mexico which I never will, no matter how much they beg.”

The interviewer Brian Kilmeade, seemed unmoved by Trump’s remark and asked him to explain his understanding of Canadian/American history, as the Fox host began scribbling notes:

“I personally think it was the biggest mistake in American history, giving Canada back. Look at that place now, it’s falling to pieces. It’s overrun by godless, gunless hippies and it’s such a shame to see.”

As the host nodded along, Trump explained that America got a “terrible deal” with Canada who “stole” the land over a thousand years ago “or something like that”.

“It was a truly awful deal. Canada gets Toronto and Vancouver, which has the hottest women, and what did we get? Alaska? The Florida of Canada? Such a terrible deal.”

“Well what are you going to do if elected?” Kilmeade asked. “Forcefully take Canada and claim it as part of America?”

“I think that’s gotta be an option,” Trump responded. “You know, they’ve got a lot of oil up there, a lot.”

“I’m not sure there is any evidence to support this theory, Donald,” Kilmeade intervened. “I mean wasn’t Canada founded by Britain and France who invaded–” “No, are you kidding me?” Trump interrupted. “You think that either of those guys know the first thing about war? No Canada has belonged to America since Jesus’ time, and that’s a fact.”​

Some real bat-shit crazy talk, from a close Trump advisor...

I9P4MYkm_normal.jpg
Andrew Coyne@acoyne
2 hours ago
Good Christ. These people are without judgment, shame, integrity or limits of any kind.

CozZB8GWAAAeWTg.jpg

Attachments

• CozZB8GWAAAeWTg.jpg
    CozZB8GWAAAeWTg.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 306
“I’m not sure there is any evidence to support this theory, Donald,” Kilmeade intervened. “I mean wasn’t Canada founded by Britain and France who invaded–” “No, are you kidding me?” Trump interrupted. “You think that either of those guys know the first thing about war? No Canada has belonged to America since Jesus’ time, and that’s a fact.”

Okay then! Never mind the Declaration of Independence happened in 1776...

AoD

Absolutely breathtaking list of Trump controversies over the last 24 hours.

Co79sxsXgAAauVP.jpg

Attachments

• Co79sxsXgAAauVP.jpg
    Co79sxsXgAAauVP.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 303
^Add to the list of shame--Trump's fascination with the use of nuclear warheads...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/scarborough-trump-nukes_us_57a1e47ae4b0693164c347d0

“I’ll have to be very careful here,” Scarborough said. “Several months ago, a foreign policy expert on international level went to advise Donald Trump, and three times he asked about the use of nuclear weapons. Three times he asked, at one point, if we have them, why can’t we use them? That’s one of the reasons he just doesn’t have foreign policy experts around him. Three times, in an hour briefing, why can’t we use nuclear weapons.”

Benjy SarlinVerified account
‏@BenjySarlin
So Pence recently:

-Met McCain
-Endorsed Ryan
-Praised Khans
-Decried name-calling
-Threatened Russia over hack
-Said he'd end blacklist

He is part of the same campaign?

Status
Not open for further replies.