• Never lived in 416

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West and East, but never Central

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

King of Kensington

Member Bio
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see the residential patterns of frequenters of this site. Do west-siders and east-siders stick to their "side" of town? I've also included a central zone that I think runs from Bathurst to Bayview or thereabouts.

I've lived west and central but never east...the further east I've lived is between Yonge and Church, the furthest west I've lived is around Christie.

It would be also interesting to know for those who lived in the suburbs and the city have stuck to a particular side of the GTA (i.e. do people from Mississauga stay west, Richmond Hill stay central etc.)

So everyone so far has lived in this "neutral" central zone at some point.

Also, feel free to nitpick about the boundaries!

Last edited:
1988, 16 years old, moved with family from Mississauga (Meadowjail, Derry and Winston) to Fallingbrook and Kingston Rd.

1995, finished university, first job (freight forwarder at airport), moved to 1 bedroom plus den basement apartment on Glebeholme at Woodbine and Danforth. Rent was $700.

1998, got married, bought matrimonial home in Cabbagetown near Sumach and Winchester. Still there today, though moved to Fredericton for three years in the early 2000s.

I much prefer Cabbagetown over the other two Toronto neighborhoods. Mind you, the Beach(es) were a lot better in the 1980s and early 1990s before the area became a tourist trap with volleyball tournies and festivals. But some think the opposite.

From the results so far:

3 out of 10 have lived both west and east.

A large majority have lived in the central zone at some point.

I initially thought of posing the question of whether people lived east or west of Yonge, but since the furthest east I've lived was about 500 feet from Yonge it seemed a bit ridiculous to say I've lived in "the east" in any meaningful sense.

When I arrived in Toronto from Québec in 1987, I stayed at Royal York and Eglinton for a year and thoroughly detested it. I have been living downtown ever since.

Back